WTF Rancho Relaxo: ambitious but crap

Mudding is (mostly) done.
DSC_0003_001.JPG

DSC_0004_001.JPG

Got rid of the extension cord hanging through the ceiling with a J box in the attic and this outlet in a new box.
DSC_0005_001.JPG

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I wish this garage had more outlets. It has two and they are all on one wall. I had to run an extension cord across the ceiling to get power to the other workbench

I wish this garage had more outlets. It has two and they are all on one wall. I had to run an extension cord across the ceiling to get power to the other workbench
I have two on the wall next to the red Z, three between the door and the corner with the red Z, one on the wall next to the Infiniti (used up with sprinkler controller and furnace), one on the ceiling over the workbench, and one on the front of the garage between the two doors.

I will be putting 2 220V outlets in: one over the workbench (welder), and one either on the back of the house outside the back of the garage, or between the water heater and furnace (compressor).

One thing I noticed: the floor is oddly shaped at the front of the garage, so I'm going to need to build a platform to hold my workbench.

So many outlets :drool:

How do you mean oddly shaped? Waves in the concrete or something?
The garage is slightly offset from the house.

This is taken basically facing where the red Z parks:
IMAG0277.jpg

So, the stem walls (such that they are, essentially 4" concrete kerbs) come to the edge of that, but not between the rest of the garage and the house. The slope requirements are different between the two transitions, so it's slightly higher near the stem wall edges than it is between the house slab and the garage.

Run some new circuits in conduit or BX.

That being said, I have extension cords all around our garage too. :p
Renting, ain't doing shit for this place
The garage is slightly offset from the house.

This is taken basically facing where the red Z parks:
IMAG0277.jpg

So, the stem walls (such that they are, essentially 4" concrete kerbs) come to the edge of that, but not between the rest of the garage and the house. The slope requirements are different between the two transitions, so it's slightly higher near the stem wall edges than it is between the house slab and the garage.
Weird, was it a later addition or something?

Weird, was it a later addition or something?
Nah, it was built that way. The "variations on a theme" in this neighborhood is enough to prove that to my satisfaction (I seriously can count about 8 houses with the same floor plan as mine within 1/2 mile). Guess they expect people to build furniture with leveling feet or something. :lol:

I also started building a bookshelf for the master bedroom:

DSC_0007.JPG

Got like 4 more of those to build for the rest of the house, but I'm all full of maple splinters for today. I also have to figure out how to get a sheet of 1/4" plywood home for the back, because fuck making a whole back from hardwood.

I got a roof rack for the M35 at the bike swap yesterday, I'm gonna figure out how to mount that shit up, and then I'll strap it on there.

So many outlets :drool:
I'll have to take some pics, our garage has its own 200A service. In the shop there's a box of 4 outlets every 4 feet on all walls, plus 8 in the center of the ceiling. In the parking half of the garage there are 4 boxes of 4 outlets, plus 2 boxes over each parking bay. (For the opener and lights). Plus there's 2 separate 260v outlets.....

Oh, and a gas furnace to keep the place toasty in winter. I put a window unit in for summer so I don't sweat myself into dehydration.

Best rental ever.

@Jehannum looks like a sweet setup. Are you going to put in ventilation so you dont sweat to death in there?
It's actually fairly well insulated, though in exactly the wrong way (the PO put the insulation between the joists over the garage, instead of putting it up against the roof in the attic). I've got a portable air conditioner that I'll probably put through a wall, and will also probably do some sort of fan. It isn't actually all that bad inside right now, but I guess I'll see how it goes when the summer gets going.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones