WTF Rachel Canning is suing her parents for the love and support her parents refuse to pr

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.
Marklar
₥43,516
provide. We should all chip in for her legal defense fund.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ues-parents-cut-age-18-suit-article-1.1709440

New Jersey honor student sues parents for school fees after they cut her off at age 18

Rachel Canning, 18, claims her parents, Sean and Elizabeth Canning, threw her out of their Lincoln Park, N.J., home last year and stopped paying for her private high school, where she excelled as a cheerleader and lacrosse player.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...t-age-18-suit-article-1.1709440#ixzz2v7fh5HOz

Sean Canning (father) says the athletic, brainy teen refused to follow the rules of his home, like being respectful, doing chores, coming home by curfew and breaking off a relationship with a boyfriend the parents dislike.

“We love our child and miss her. This is terrible. It’s killing me and my wife. We have a child we want home,” Sean Canning told the newspaper. “We’re not Draconian and now we’re getting hauled into court. She’s demanding that we pay her bills but she doesn’t want to live at home and she’s saying, ‘I don’t want to live under your rules.’”

I bet that the parents are lying and the daughter is a mature well adjusted person being unfairly persecuted.

I read that the judge denied her filing today and this case is already dead.

So, the deal is her parents didn't like her boyfriend. She moves in with the boyfriend, and it's his parents that filed the suit, pretty much justifying the boyfriend and his family are pieces of shit.

I read that the judge denied her filing today and this case is already dead.

So, the deal is her parents didn't like her boyfriend. She moves in with the boyfriend, and it's his parents that filed the suit, pretty much justifying the boyfriend and his family are pieces of shit.

MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) — A northern New Jersey honor student who has sued to get her parents to support her after she moved out of their home had her initial request denied Tuesday by a judge who cautioned that the case could lead to a "potentially slippery slope" of claims by teenagers against their parents.
Rachel Canning had sought immediate relief in the form of $650 in weekly child support and the payment of the remainder of her tuition at Morris Catholic High School, as well as attorney's fees.
State Superior Court Judge Peter Bogaard denied those motions but ordered the parties to return to court on April 22, when they will present evidence and testimony on the over-arching question of whether the Cannings are obligated to financially support their daughter. Rachel Canning, a high school senior, has already been accepted by at least one college and is seeking to have her parents pay some or all of her tuition, attorney Tanya Helfand told Bogaard Tuesday.

college expenses have been dragged over that line.

now it's something like 'have they established themselves without their parents.'

here's the statement from the hormonal teen's attorney,

[h=4]Tanya Helfand has taken up Rachel Canning’s case and demanded at least $20,000 — plus impending college costs — from the teen’s parents in a Morristown Family Court lawsuit.[/h] Rather, it comes down to “a face-sensitive analysis that looks at whether the child has moved beyond the sphere of influence and responsibility exercised by a parent and has obtained an independent status of his or her own,”

I see many lost (punk ass kids really) adolescents that always come into the hospital, and their parents have washed their hands of any responsibility.

Last edited:
here's the statement from the hormonal teen's attorney,

[h=4]Tanya Helfand has taken up Rachel Canning’s case and demanded at least $20,000 — plus impending college costs — from the teen’s parents in a Morristown Family Court lawsuit.[/h] Rather, it comes down to “a face-sensitive analysis that looks at whether the child has moved beyond the sphere of influence and responsibility exercised by a parent and has obtained an independent status of his or her own,”

Eh. I don't like this at all :lol:

She's an adult?

Last time I checked your parents had no obligation once you were of legal age
Depends on if they are in school in NY (dunno about NJ).

I thought this was a housing thing at first so:
You can't just kick tenancy at will (people who dont pay rent) people out regardless of the circumstance. You have to give notice per statute etc.

Completely irrelevant to this though.

Jesus I hope the judge tells her to fuck off.

I can see having the parents finish paying for high school but the chick obviously chose cock over family so she should get bent.

Jesus I hope the judge tells her to fuck off.

I can see having the parents finish paying for high school but the chick obviously chose cock over family so she should get bent.

It started with allowing health insurance until they are 26. It's only a matter of time before parents are responsible for everything until the kid is 30. Plus it doesn't help these kids have such a feeling on entitlement. We can't even hire decent college age folks anymore because they are all a bunch of lazy DBs.

It started with allowing health insurance until they are 26. It's only a matter of time before parents are responsible for everything until the kid is 30. Plus it doesn't help these kids have such a feeling on entitlement. We can't even hire decent college age folks anymore because they are all a bunch of lazy DBs.

I see where you're going, I don't understand how we've gotten there. The law says you're an adult at 18, that's enough for me IMHO. You don't want to follow the rules you can go be an adult elsewhere.

Agree on your assessment of college kids. I deal with many because of my business and some of them can barely figure out how to send me monies.

I see where you're going, I don't understand how we've gotten there. The law says you're an adult at 18, that's enough for me IMHO. You don't want to follow the rules you can go be an adult elsewhere.

Agree on your assessment of college kids. I deal with many because of my business and some of them can barely figure out how to send me monies.

I tell my oldest all the time her generation is going to be the first in the history of man that doesn't do better than their parents.