R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter

Already some public bitch figure in Australia is saying he deserved what he got for always bothering animals etc. She's trying to use his death to get her name in the media. He was such an active and respected animal conservationist that she's already getting a backlash.

The thing that is so strange to me is all the dangerous things he did and he does by swimming over a sting ray. WTF! He was a good man, with a good family and he was trying to get people to understand and appreciate animals. It is sad.

I've swam over the top of rays many times...never considered it dangerous and I guess it still isn't...just really bad luck

why_ask_why said:
I've swam over the top of rays many times...never considered it dangerous and I guess it still isn't...just really bad luck
Most people probably have and never even knew it. I'm guessing if it would have stabbed him anywhere else, he would have lived.

fly said:
Most people probably have and never even knew it. I'm guessing if it would have stabbed him anywhere else, he would have lived.
in 10 years there have only been 17 fatal sting ray stabbings

shawndavid said:
Damn - it took me 4 hours just to get through this thread. Someone turn off Beerad's computer before he repsonds again.

You know I was trying to rebut this but honestly you have a dam good point:(

excuse: I have been picking up the slack on our customer service and while pretending to listen to customers I type on here:D

I just read that the police have custody of the video of his death. The family has asked that it be destroyed of course. I'm wondering how long before somebody tries to copy and sell it or post it on youtube. Dispicable but in most cases ultimately inevitable.

ERage said:
I just read that the police have custody of the video of his death. The family has asked that it be destroyed of course. I'm wondering how long before somebody tries to copy and sell it or post it on youtube. Dispicable but in most cases ultimately inevitable.

Honestly in this case I dont think that can/will happen. I think the tape will be destroyed by the police before it can happen. The only copy of the video was given straight to the police and although my trust in cops is not that high, I dont think it will leak. Well for the families sake I pray it doesnt

:(

"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin's father said the family is declining the offer of a state funeral because his son was an "ordinary bloke." Bob Irwin told reporters his son and he were extremely close. "Steve and I weren't like father and son, we never were," he said. "We were good mates. I'll remember Steve as my best mate ever."

BeeRad said:
Honestly in this case I dont think that can/will happen. I think the tape will be destroyed by the police before it can happen. The only copy of the video was given straight to the police and although my trust in cops is not that high, I dont think it will leak. Well for the families sake I pray it doesnt

Isn't the Aussie Police Force based after Mad Max. What isn't trustworthily about a Mad Max police force? Nothing