R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter

Steve grew up just like how he was raising his kids with animals such a huge part of his life. To him the animal stuff wasn't crazy and most of them weren't be to be feared just respected.

I think its safe to say that there isn't a person on this forum that had 1/10th of the passion that man had. He dies a true hero. IIRC, he basically built the Australia Zoo with his bare hands out of next to nothing.

steve > yuo

I don't understand why some of you are giving the guy shit for swimming with stingrays... hell I'VE swum with stingrays before and they didn't kill me. I don't understand how people can feel this guy deserves to go out this way. It's sad because I guess we all really wanted him to be invincible.

fly said:
I think its safe to say that there isn't a person on this forum that had 1/10th of the passion that man had. He dies a true hero. IIRC, he basically built the Australia Zoo with his bare hands out of next to nothing.

steve > yuo
His parents built it, Steve made it sucessful.

I dont think anyone wanted him to go out this way or at all for that matter. But completely in my opinion it was expected that he would die this way. No matter how you look at the odds, he was attacked by a wild creature that has caused death before(not many). The thing has POISON in its large sharp pointed defense mechanism. It is very sad and not common but all and all he had to know that he was probably going to die by these means. I cant belive all of you think this is "disrespectful" or "giving the guy shit". It is just stating plan fact in a hazardous occupation. I was just not suprised that he died and wasnt crying over it due to his choice of occupation. Again his lose to his family saddens me but that happens daily to many people who are just as successful in their own life.

zengirl said:
I don't understand why some of you are giving the guy shit for swimming with stingrays... hell I'VE swum with stingrays before and they didn't kill me. I don't understand how people can feel this guy deserves to go out this way. It's sad because I guess we all really wanted him to be invincible.

It's not a huge suprise he was killed by an animal it's just that in this case it was an freakier thing than you would have imagined happening.

b_sinning said:
It's not a huge suprise he was killed by an animal it's just that in this case it was an freakier thing than you would have imagined happening.
Yeah I guess I would have imagined a bit of a more elaborate exit for him.

zengirl said:
Yeah I guess I would have imagined a bit of a more elaborate exit for him.

By the sounds of it his death came very quickly and again IMO its better he died in this manor and not getting ripped apart limb by limb in a croc pit.

BeeRad said:
By the sounds of it his death came very quickly and again IMO its better he died in this manor and not getting ripped apart limb by limb in a croc pit.
Ugh, but you know the most horrible part... they said that he pulled the barb out of his chest... so you gotta wonder what he was thinking at that moment. He's in the water, 30 minutes away from land and he just pulled a poisonous barb from his chest.

/me shakes head

just horrible.

zengirl said:
Ugh, but you know the most horrible part... they said that he pulled the barb out of his chest... so you gotta wonder what he was thinking at that moment. He's in the water, 30 minutes away from land and he just pulled a poisonous barb from his chest.

/me shakes head

just horrible.

I hear ya but he could have gone out alot worse.

BeeRad said:
I dont think anyone wanted him to go out this way or at all for that matter. But completely in my opinion it was expected that he would die this way. No matter how you look at the odds, he was attacked by a wild creature that has caused death before(not many). The thing has POISON in its large sharp pointed defense mechanism. It is very sad and not common but all and all he had to know that he was probably going to die by these means. I cant belive all of you think this is "disrespectful" or "giving the guy shit". It is just stating plan fact in a hazardous occupation. I was just not suprised that he died and wasnt crying over it due to his choice of occupation. Again his lose to his family saddens me but that happens daily to many people who are just as successful in their own life.
I'm starting to realize that since you've had to justify your point a bunch of times and that it keeps slightly being altered that you are in the end, just being BeeRad :heart:

BeeRad said:
I hear ya but he could have gone out alot worse.
Yeah, but there is the whole knowing part. The shock of the realization that you've just been killed and this next breath is your last.

elpmis said:
I'm starting to realize that since you've had to justify your point a bunch of times and that it keeps slightly being altered that you are in the end, just being BeeRad :heart:

No I just have to keep lightening up for you pussies!!! :fly:

Edit: cause I lub you all and dont wanna upset people more in there time of mourning

Last edited:
zengirl said:
Yeah, but there is the whole knowing part. The shock of the realization that you've just been killed and this next breath is your last.
the anxiety of fight or flight probably tosses logical thoughts like that out the window - let alone going in to shock

but I don't want to starting thinking about shit like that, personally

BeeRad said:
No I just have to keep lightening up for you pussies!!! :fly:

Edit: cause I lub you all and dont wanna upset people more in there time of mourning
Hey dood from the sound of your posts you're the big pussy. Mr. 'I live my life inside a bubble with a helmet on'. :fly:

elpmis said:
Hey dood from the sound of your posts you're the big pussy. Mr. 'I live my life inside a bubble with a helmet on'. :fly:

I dont but I sure as hell dont expect people to be crying over me when I die doing what everyone expects me to die from except for my immediate family and close friends.

Now I will put my bubble back on and lysol the tables, AHHHHHH AN ANT!!!

BeeRad said:
I dont but I sure as hell dont expect people to be crying over me when I die doing what everyone expects me to die from except for my immediate family and close friends.

Now I will put my bubble back on and lysol the tables, AHHHHHH AN ANT!!!
look homie, it's okay to be sad over someone's death