R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter

elpmis said:
look homie, it's okay to be sad over someone's death

Of course it is and my mind has been put in the freezer from all of this I have dealt with this year. It's definately ok to be sad over anyones death and as I stated in my first post, I am just not. I am sorry for his family but I also do not know them so it doesnt hit "close to home". I appologize if he has family members on this forum who thought I was being disrespectful. All I was really saying or in attempt to get out was that I dont feel sorry for a person who plays with wild animals getting killed by one.

If you sky dive everyday of your life with the red devils and one time out of 6,000 your shute doesnt open, well, you die. If you play with fire you are gonna get burned. If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen and so on and so on and so on. Be happy he got to live as long as he did doing the dangerous shit that he loved to do, I guess would be my second point.

BeeRad said:
Of course it is and my mind has been put in the freezer from all of this I have dealt with this year. It's definately ok to be sad over anyones death and as I stated in my first post, I am just not. I am sorry for his family but I also do not know them so it doesnt hit "close to home". I appologize if he has family members on this forum who thought I was being disrespectful. All I was really saying or in attempt to get out was that I dont feel sorry for a person who plays with wild animals getting killed by one.

If you sky dive everyday of your life with the red devils and one time out of 6,000 your shute doesnt open, well, you die. If you play with fire you are gonna get burned. If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen and so on and so on and so on. Be happy he got to live as long as he did doing the dangerous shit that he loved to do, I guess would be my second point.
you need to realize the possibility that this discussion is far more complex than just 'if you play with fire you'll get burned'. I think that's my point, and it is illustrated in my past posts. But even after all of this thread I don't think you get that, either that or you reject it, either way, I'm not going to debate this anymore. My fingers hurt.

elpmis said:
you need to realize the possibility that this discussion is far more complex than just 'if you play with fire you'll get burned'. I think that's my point, and it is illustrated in my past posts. But even after all of this thread I don't think you get that, either that or you reject it, either way, I'm not going to debate this anymore. My fingers hurt.

Well in that case...

want me to kiss it better???:drool:

Damn - it took me 4 hours just to get through this thread. Someone turn off Beerad's computer before he repsonds again.

It sucks that he died in this manner. It's rather odd that, after all of his shenanigans, a ray took him out. I can't imagine looking down at that and then pulling it out. I hope they burn the film - I'm sure viewing it will give me a sickness tantamount to that felt during the Nick Berg vid. I also hope this doesn't dissuade his family in any way from continuing to work with animals.

shawndavid said:
Damn - it took me 4 hours just to get through this thread. Someone turn off Beerad's computer before he repsonds again.

It sucks that he died in this manner. It's rather odd that, after all of his shenanigans, a ray took him out. I can't imagine looking down at that and then pulling it out. I hope they burn the film - I'm sure viewing it will give me a sickness tantamount to that felt during the Nick Berg vid. I also hope this doesn't dissuade his family in any way from continuing to work with animals.

Nick Berg? That lame video was nothing compared to the Russian soldier vid. You don't know what nights of stomach cramps and cold sweats are until you've seen that one.

I heard somwhere that a few years ago a close friend of his said that if steve died while working, it would happen underwater. All of the people close to him say nothing can touch him on land cause he's just too quick, but underwater he is out of his element.

Can't remember where I heard this and it's may be a load of crap for all I know.

I have always thought steve irwin was crazy. The freakish brutality of his untimely death is shocking and makes me very sad. But his daring was never for show and his antics were nothing more than how he lived his life. He did amazing and wonderful things for wildlife conservation. The world would be a better place with more people like him in it.

_42046154_irwinturtle_ap_picgall.jpg

They were so happy together. :(