Quitting smoking (ver. 1.0)

good luck! I wish I had the drive to quit, but it's so hard when most of my friends smoke and most nights we sit around on my girlfriend's porch and chat and smoke and drink beer.

You look so happy with her
I wouldn't want to tear you apart
But whatever happens
I just want you to know

If you ever need me
I'll be here for you

Was that really a shock to hear? I mean, who out there doesn't know that smoking is one of the worst things you can do to your body?

No it wasn't shocking at all. From my doctors perspective and from what he's seen, is that despite negative impacts on health, it affects everyone differently. He's seen retired people who've smoked for years still healthy as someone who's just started. Me on the other hand...

Any who, day two. It's half over. Thankfully there's wasn't work today (construction) so there's nothing to really get irritated about. I find myself drinking more water and craving it. My guess is that the body wants to clean itself out. (shrug) Not really light headed but can still concentrate on doing something. I actually slept better then i thought i would last night. The last time had quit i had pretty bad cold sweats and stuff and slept little. This time it just isn't nearly as extreme it seems. Any who, going to go for a walk. A little exorcise helps.

i would think it would be easier to quit now a days.

you cant smoke in restaraunts, my hospital has banned smoking on its property all together, and the prices for cigs, are steep.

Day three... I'm guess i'm kind of lucky since there wasn't work again today. Not having to stress out about anything definatly helps. Very little light headedness today. I have also noticed the knot in my throat is getting better in that it's feeling like less of a knot. My nose is clearing a bit too and and havn't had to blow my nose all day. I have also noticed that didn't feel like I needed a nap this afternoon although truthfully i have to partially equate that to not doing a whole lot today. However, case in point, as a smoker i'd feel tired and would take a short snooze in the afternoon even if i hadn't done anything all day. So already it IS making a difference.

good job. now make a list and take it to work to remind yourself of all these pros when you DO get stressed and want one. :)