Quitting smoking (ver. 1.0)

GreatTiger

Flaccid Member
Sep 23, 2006
Marklar
₥0
Well, as much I liked smoking and everything, my doctor says it's really affecting my health. So much so that i'm showing signs of someone that has smoked for longer periods then i ever have. I've only been smoking about 8 years and only smoke half a pack a day. (shrug) guess it effects everyone differently.

So day one. Not bad. Yeah i'm craving but i'm not a raving lunatic yet. Now I have actually quit before (5 months) so it's not new to me. What IS new to me is that i live way in the burbs instead of downtown. I'm finding that the fresher air out here is definatly helping. If have a knot in my throat i have some cold water as my doctor recommended. I do on occasion find myself thinking about angry things though. I have the occasional hot/cold sweat but a quick wisk outside and it's fine.

Anywho, here's to fresh air. :chikken:

Good luck!

One of the best things I ever did was quit smoking. I wasn't a fiend or anything, but Blondie wouldn't date me if I smoked so I gave it up. Best choice ever, and I felt 100x better afterwards too.

Good luck with that.

I have to quit by next year, bleh not looking forward to it. Mostly cause Im hooked on playing with things in my hands; pens, cigarettes, coins etc.

Its really hard but I can't tell you how much better I feel now. Its been about 2 years. I did it on Feb 14, 2004 as a gift for Flop. I can run up stairs and take a hot shower without gagging for air. Sex life is better ;). You can do it man!!!!

I am a weekend only-when-I-drink smoker. (No comments on drinking pls) but I am at the point now where I can quit and hopefully will be able to kick it all together soon. Turning 30 in three weeks. : - (

I need to quit but being a single dude bar hopper in a band isn't really very conducive...I'll quit someday
best of luck to you

I quit after smoking for 10+ years. I was up to a pack and a half a day.
Got sick of it one day and quit cold turkey. The first week was the worst.
After that it was easy. Get through that first week and youll be fine.