Quinoa

FancyVest

Flaccid Member
Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥0
I have been eating this for a while, and I would like to know if anyone here has recipes for it that they can post.

Yes, but there are only so many ways to serve rice. I thought someone might have other ideas. IDK, like last night I made stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, tomatoes, onions, spices and cheese. It was good, but I just wondered if people have other ideas.

But honestly, all I know about it is to use it as rice, so any recipe with rice I guess. I don't know of anybody doing any more adventurous with it. I do think it's great that you're using it as an ingredient though, I recently got mailed some information about a drive to use Quinoa instead of rice and soya products because at the moment it's way more sustainable and environmentally friendly.

With regard to those stuffed peppers I'd do something like grinding up pine nuts to mix in with the rice and a little bit of grated cocunut. I'm not as good a cook as you though.

Hope some people give you some real answers. :)_

Also, I recommend a crazy straw. They make everything more fun!

209-067_large.jpg

Quinoa is an amazing grain. It has all the essential amino acids necessary for humans, high in fiber low in starch. I think the WHO and other food programs should be giving quinoa

I've never used it, but like I said in my recipe thread I really don't like rice very much. Do you have to prepare it at all? How long does it take to boil?

PS I got my veg box again today, lots of curly kale, so any recipes with that in would be appreciated. I made a chard and kale pesto but it was kind of bitter becuase I'd had them too long in my kitchen.

I've never used it, but like I said in my recipe thread I really don't like rice very much. Do you have to prepare it at all? How long does it take to boil?

PS I got my veg box again today, lots of curly kale, so any recipes with that in would be appreciated. I made a chard and kale pesto but it was kind of bitter becuase I'd had them too long in my kitchen.

I cook it like rice. 2 cups liquid (I use vegetable or chicken stock) to 1 cup quinoa. Bring to a boil, add quinoa then simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes. It should be translucent. Rinse under cold running water to get rid of the bitterness.

As far as Kale, I have never cooked with it, as it isn't commonly grown here. It is related to cabbage, you could serve it like cole slaw, I guess.

I cook it like rice. 2 cups liquid (I use vegetable or chicken stock) to 1 cup quinoa. Bring to a boil, add quinoa then simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes. It should be translucent. Rinse under cold running water to get rid of the bitterness.

As far as Kale, I have never cooked with it, as it isn't commonly grown here. It is related to cabbage, you could serve it like cole slaw, I guess.

I usually just steam kale and put it as a side but I literally have a carrier bag full of the stuff, I hate wasting fresh nice veg and all but it's sometimes hard to be creative with winter ingredients.

mix it in with a bunch of cooked black beans and some salsa and serve it on a bed of mixed greens. garnish with sliced avocado and some tahini dressing. friggin delicious. it's a dish they serve at the vegan place near where i live.