Quilting Smoking

Savannah is talking about becoming a nonsmoking city so even 18 years old and up bars you can't smoke inside or anywhere near the entrances. A lot of bar owners are trying to fight it.

On a side note, 3 times last week I scored a top 20 in the nation round on NTN. two 15's, and a 16. /flex

would have been an 11, but I second guessed myself on the final answer that would have put me at 14500. Blew it and sat at 13650 instead. Always always always stick with your gut.

Where u play? We need to find some common ground that has NTN

Savannah is talking about becoming a nonsmoking city so even 18 years old and up bars you can't smoke inside or anywhere near the entrances. A lot of bar owners are trying to fight it.

I think that happens every time a city decides this. Our town did it years ago and now our whole damn state has these laws. I imagine eventually it will be nationwide. Well, maybe not VA and NC.

tobacco6.jpg

i only had two cigarettes yesterday. that's not bad for me. tuesday night i smoked a pack. a whole, fucking, pack (minus a few i gave away). not really trying seriously to quit at the moment, but i'd like to get my consumption down to a dull roar.

Don't get me started on that bullshit. Fucking government interventionists. :mad:

I don't really know how I feel about this. Until recently I was a smoker, so I'm really not biased based on just not liking people who smoke. I get it, I really do. I also understand personal freedoms and the freedom businesses should have to choose how they want to conduct business. However, my rights end at the end of my nose. As soon as me exercising my freedoms impacts someone else negatively, my freedoms stop. Everyone's freedoms end at the end of their nose. People who get sick from someone else's smoking aren't choosing that. People who smoke, no matter how addicted they might be, are still making a choice every time they light up. Even as a smoker I felt like my choices to hurt myself shouldn't result in everyone else having to choose to hurt themselves to be around me. That's just not very nice. Also, in areas where these laws have gone into effect, businesses like bars have barely been impacted. What are people going to do, choose not to go out anymore? It's not like they will be able to choose places where they can smoke.

I don't really know how I feel about this. Until recently I was a smoker, so I'm really not biased based on just not liking people who smoke. I get it, I really do. I also understand personal freedoms and the freedom businesses should have to choose how they want to conduct business. However, my rights end at the end of my nose. As soon as me exercising my freedoms impacts someone else negatively, my freedoms stop. Everyone's freedoms end at the end of their nose. People who get sick from someone else's smoking aren't choosing that. People who smoke, no matter how addicted they might be, are still making a choice every time they light up. Even as a smoker I felt like my choices to hurt myself shouldn't result in everyone else having to choose to hurt themselves to be around me. That's just not very nice. Also, in areas where these laws have gone into effect, businesses like bars have barely been impacted. What are people going to do, choose not to go out anymore? It's not like they will be able to choose places where they can smoke.

MEGAGRAPH :p

It's a bar. The owner chooses to allow smoking there, because its his right as a business owner. If you feel that it will negatively impact your health, don't go. No one forces anyone to visit Chernobyl either...

MEGAGRAPH :p

It's a bar. The owner chooses to allow smoking there, because its his right as a business owner. If you feel that it will negatively impact your health, don't go. No one forces anyone to visit Chernobyl either...

But what if it isn't a bar? What if it is the local swimming pool or the nicest restaurant in town or the bank or the mall? Choosing not to go places to avoid smokers becomes kind of restrictive. I'm not saying I agree but I am trying to look at it from every side. Living in a smoke free area doesn't really bother me. I didn't vote for it, but it also didn't make life unbearable for anyone. In reality it's not a big deal like everyone made it seem like it would be.

But what if it isn't a bar? What if it is the local swimming pool or the nicest restaurant in town or the bank or the mall? Choosing not to go places to avoid smokers becomes kind of restrictive. I'm not saying I agree but I am trying to look at it from every side. Living in a smoke free area doesn't really bother me. I didn't vote for it, but it also didn't make life unbearable for anyone. In reality it's not a big deal like everyone made it seem like it would be.

And why is any of that the problem of the bar, pool, or restaurant owner? If it's a public place, sure I'm with you. But if its private...

I think the point being, lots of business owners will ban smoking in their business. But others will allow it. It gives choice. You can choose to go to a smoking location, or non smoking.

But having it forced on you removes choice. And there lies the issue.

I think the point being, lots of business owners will ban smoking in their business. But others will allow it. It gives choice. You can choose to go to a smoking location, or non smoking.

But having it forced on you removes choice. And there lies the issue.

I would maybe even support a tax incentive for the business to refuse to allow smoking, but an outright ban is government meddling in a private business. NONONO