Quilting Smoking

smoking is a habit. You got to replace it with a new habit or hobby... So take up knitting and focus on figuring out how the three sea shells work. You can't just quit something unless you replace it with something else or you will always be thinking about it.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to keep from killing everyone around me.

I've never had nicotine withdrawal this bad. I won't use substitutes (they never have worked for me), so patch and gum are out. E-cigs, no thanks. Already have 1 brain tumor. And I think I've already proven I can't just 'slowly ween myself off them'.

but yeah, right now. MAD stressfull and want to commit violence. It's never been like this before.
That's the hard part. When stressed, the first thing a smoker does is go for a smoke, so not only do you no longer have your coping mechanism in place, but the stress is compounded by the lack of coping mechanism. I can only speak for myself and what works for me (I have a very bad temper and have been trying to manage my emotional outbursts so as to be a better example to the younger generation) I feel myself building up to an outburst and I have to stop and take a minute. I even say, I'm taking a minute to change my attitude. I stop what I'm doing, take a couple of breaths and realize I have control of my actions, my actions do not have control of me. So just take a breath, most things we lose our tempers over are really worth getting that worked up about in the first place.

The suck

I'm stressed

I wanna go to the bar and get destressed

I do that, I will smoke. Guaranteed.

the horror the horror

The suck

I'm stressed

I wanna go to the bar and get destressed

I do that, I will smoke. Guaranteed.

the horror the horror
So you quit drinking too. The saved calories will cancel out whatever weight you gain from quitting smoking :lol:

I quit smoking cold turkey. Not that hard. Just gotta find other shit to do.

I think it takes a certain kind of person to quit anything cold turkey. On top of the nicotine, some people have personalities that are predisposed for addiction.

I cite my coworker as an extreme example: addicted to coffee, sugar, caffeine, shopping, and facebook. She has over $30,000 in debt from shopping/facebooking. She's never had a mortgage or a car. She's spent over $15,000 on mafia wars and bubblefish games on fb. She's in therapy and still she can't stop.

The selling of virtual property is apparently quite lucrative. She explained to me that she can buy a fancy fishing rod, or special tanks for her bubblefish for $10 and up. She feels like she's getting something she really wants -- and it allows her to play the game well. On the other end, the game developer and facebook get money and are selling an intangible product. It's an amazing profit for them. Their only cost is the development of the game.

Sickening.

I think it takes a certain kind of person to quit anything cold turkey. On top of the nicotine, some people have personalities that are predisposed for addiction.

I cite my coworker as an extreme example: addicted to coffee, sugar, caffeine, shopping, and facebook. She has over $30,000 in debt from shopping/facebooking. She's never had a mortgage or a car. She's spent over $15,000 on mafia wars and bubblefish games on fb. She's in therapy and still she can't stop.

Let's not compare me to that kind of loss at life, shall we?