Marklar
₥83,255
Steam
mattressfish
Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

I installed them all myself and learned a few things.

1) When measuring, measure fucking millimeters. The fridge was about 1/16th of an inch too tall and I ended up breaking out tiles behind it to get the damn thing in.

2) Installing a dishwasher can be a huge pain in the ass.

3) Installing a big ass microwave is, by far, the hugest pain ever.

So what you see is a new side by side fridge. A nice dishwasher with all the buttons hidden in the top (and DAMN is this thing quiet). A new convection oven with a flat cooktop (finally). And a convection oven/microwave. The microwave is bad ass, its got a touchscreen and a setting for just about anything you could think of.

The only thing I haven't installed yet is the new 1HP disposal. :hs:

you thought the microwave was hard, wait until you get to the disposal... oh man.

the rest looks good. next time though, instead of replacing all of your kitchen appliances so they match your trashcan, i suggest just getting a new trashcan that matches your existing kitchen appliances.

Weird, your kitchen is set up almost the exact same way as mine.

Im not a fan of white cabinetry, but yours looks pretty good with the SS appliances.
Cant believe you had to bust out tiles to put the fridge in. Hope you have spares in case you ever move.
Dishwashers can be the worst to install of the bunch depending on how its plumbed. The contractors that did mine ran copper instead of flex hose, and it was a fuggin bitch to put the new dishwasher in.

Disposals can be a pain too.
Make sure you have one of these

some tile on the back wall underneath the cabinets would probably look really good... either something really dark for contrast or something that's almost white/light grey. like a chalky colored stuff.

some tile on the back wall underneath the cabinets would probably look really good... either something really dark for contrast or something that's almost white/light grey. like a chalky colored stuff.

I agree! It's on my 'wanna-do' list. Possibly on the wall behind the stove I may put a steel splash-guard.

Once we got the appliances in I was pretty icked out by the cabinets so I washed them in water/bleach. (Smokers out there, you are disgusting for smoking inside the house, btw.)

Plus we want to put in new knobs to make the cabinets pop a little more. Anyone have recommendations for style or places to get great deals?

Last edited:
I agree! It's on my 'wanna-do' list. Possibly on the wall behind the stove I may put a steel splash-guard.

Once we got the appliances in I was pretty icked out by the cabinets so I washed them in water/bleach. (Smokers out there, you are disgusting for smoking inside the house, btw.)

Plus we want to put in new knobs to make the cabinets pop a little more. Anyone have recommendations for style or places to get great deals?

Go to Lowes or Hoe Depot for knobs. Good deals to be had there.

Weird, your kitchen is set up almost the exact same way as mine.

Im not a fan of white cabinetry, but yours looks pretty good with the SS appliances.
Cant believe you had to bust out tiles to put the fridge in. Hope you have spares in case you ever move.
Dishwashers can be the worst to install of the bunch depending on how its plumbed. The contractors that did mine ran copper instead of flex hose, and it was a fuggin bitch to put the new dishwasher in.

Disposals can be a pain too.
Make sure you have one of these
Yeah, my diswasher was copper line too. Unfortunately, when bending it, I didnt have one of those fancy pipe bender inserts and crimped the damn thing. It's flex hose now...
Yeah, we were thinking that too. My latest copy of Family Handyman went over how to do it (even though its quite simple.) We also thought of putting tin up as a backsplash, depending on how it looked with the SS.
some plain looking stainless steel or brushed nickel knobs from home depot would really help the cabinets out and take like... no time at all to do.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...003+524096+90401&catalogId=10053&dim_search=1
or
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&productId=100019605&N=10000003+524096+90401

while you're at it though you might wanna get a new faucet too. plumbing sucks though.

if you really wanna drop some cash you get new countertops/sink :D

We need to get a new sink first. Who the fuck really wants a white sink that scratches like a motherfucker? :mad:

Looks nice. I'm terribly jealous of your dishwasher. Does it do a good job of washing dishes?

I agree, smoking in the house is disgusting and I'm a smoker.

Out of curiosity, why'd you go for the side by side fridge?

Actually yes, after I heard that you can put a pizza and cake in there with the dishes, that they would be clean and the food gone, I decided to try. Put a pretty full pan of brownies in there with the dishes. SPOTLESS.

And we were going to go with a french door fridge, except you lose about 33% of your freezer space. Additionally, the Whirlpools that we were looking at didn't have any counter depth french doors. And I just plain don't like the freezer on top ones...

At first the only thing I noticed changed was the use of a flash and the cat in the 2nd picture. Kept looking at the photos and missed the obvious :lol:

Doesn't the fridge have wheels/feet that you can adjust height (and for off kilter floors)?

Actually yes, after I heard that you can put a pizza and cake in there with the dishes, that they would be clean and the food gone, I decided to try. Put a pretty full pan of brownies in there with the dishes. SPOTLESS.

And we were going to go with a french door fridge, except you lose about 33% of your freezer space. Additionally, the Whirlpools that we were looking at didn't have any counter depth french doors. And I just plain don't like the freezer on top ones...

wait a second... you wasted a pan of brownies just to see what your dishwasher could do? :wtf:

At first the only thing I noticed changed was the use of a flash and the cat in the 2nd picture. Kept looking at the photos and missed the obvious :lol:

Doesn't the fridge have wheels/feet that you can adjust height (and for off kilter floors)?
Yes, the quoted 1/16th of an inch was with the wheels all the way down...
wait a second... you wasted a pan of brownies just to see what your dishwasher could do? :wtf:

Indeed I did. :D

Awesome job mr. fly

I've felt the pains of installing a large microwave before as well - it's definitely a two person job