Question to Pet Owners . . . .

I told you you should use my vet.

We took June there and got all her meds and the tests and stuff and it was $77

bile acid test alone would have been a lot more than even at your vet and I'm not taking her to one across town when I have one down the street :p

See that caught my eye as well small dogs usually have teeth issues and I even brush his teeth and the back teeth are getting icky. And yes, I give him stuff to chew on but still icky icky.
damn, you're good. our poodle has had a bunch of teeth removed, but she is 16. trying to get her to let you brush her teeth is basically impossible.

Weird, the only time my vet bill has been over $100 was when I had to take Lu and 2 of the cats in for their annual shots, poop tests, heartworm checks and all that... and I came away with 3 months of heartworm pills for each of them.

I took her to the vet when she had a weird growth on her foot, they did a biopsy, tests and gave meds, that was like $59

I took her again when she got into the garbage and ate an entire rack of rib bones and was throwing up bones and had a seizure, they did an exam and put her on all kinds of meds, that was right around $50 as well.

I know in the past I have dealt with vets who are very pricey and charge for all kinds of weird things, I guess the more I read the more I love my vet.

:heart: Dr. Roberts
holy crap. i think i could save money by flying my dog up there for servicing.

Weird, the only time my vet bill has been over $100 was when I had to take Lu and 2 of the cats in for their annual shots, poop tests, heartworm checks and all that... and I came away with 3 months of heartworm pills for each of them.

I took her to the vet when she had a weird growth on her foot, they did a biopsy, tests and gave meds, that was like $59

I took her again when she got into the garbage and ate an entire rack of rib bones and was throwing up bones and had a seizure, they did an exam and put her on all kinds of meds, that was right around $50 as well.

I know in the past I have dealt with vets who are very pricey and charge for all kinds of weird things, I guess the more I read the more I love my vet.

:heart: Dr. Roberts

Jeezus. I don't think I've ever gotten out of the vet for less than 80.

damn, you're good. our poodle has had a bunch of teeth removed, but she is 16. trying to get her to let you brush her teeth is basically impossible.

Ah yes, my dog lost his will long ago. He also lets me pose him for pictures. I will move him the way I want and he will stay there but you can always tell by the look on his face that he is sooo embarassed. I started brushing his teeth when I first got him he used to have a hello kitty toothbrush but now its just one of those brushes that slips on your fingertip.

Come to my vet. Visits are $30. Uber cheap and uber nice. Steve's hip surgery was going to cost $1200 from a local surgeon, they did it for $250 and he's been great ever since.

Where is your vet? Another thing is that I want someone that would be close to St Pete. That's why I stopped going to the doc in Westchase. Diego was having a reaction to something she prescribed and it took 45 minutes to get him to her thats too long if something is really wrong.

Our vet is waaaayyy ovverrr in north tampa area. Its too far, but if its ever an emergency I'm sure we'll just go to any vet that is the closest.

But this vet place rocks so for non-emergencies we take them there.

Ok, so I called the Bannfield place and was prepared to enroll in their program. They have a membership fee that you pay once which is 50 bucks; however, if you join over the phone they will cut that in half. I was going to start on the basic plan that covers annual visits, vaccinations, and any office visits for a year. This would be 16.90 a month, around 200 / year. You can upgrade your plan at any time but you can not downgrade or cancel until the term is up (1 year). Again I WAS going to enroll but their computer crashed and I would need to call back. I instead decided two track the pet bills for the year and see if it ends up close to 200.