Question for the gamers

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
What will determine which of the next generation game systems you'll buy?

Note : if I see too much fanboy crap, you'll be PG'ed

3 factors:
1. Cost - I'm a cheap-ass, hence why I got NGC last time.
2. Size of controllers - I can't use the xbox controllers for very long, they hurt my bitty hands, even the s-controller
3. Games / Extras - Which ever has the most extra features or games that appeal to me most, and still maintains a good cost.

The games.

And if trends continue I'll probably buy the next Playstation first... granted the Xbox has some nice graphics...but a lot of the games seem really dumbed down and don't offer anything really new or terribly exciting.

After that it's probably cost/convience...which is why I'm not a big PC gamer. So...sick of having to update my computer to play a new game or something.

Side note: When are the next gen. consoles coming out? Doesn't it seem like it's a little soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm still a franchise fanboy. Pretty much whoever has Square/Enix and Capcom have me.

Though.... if Nintendo is going to puss out again like they did with the gamecube, that might make me leary of getting whatever they do next. It reminds me of how awesome the dreamcast was, and yet Sega dropped support so quickly it was pathetic.

Sarcasmo said:
Consoles are for homos. PC games are where it's at.

If we're getting all elitist and shit, pencil and paper is where its at. :)

Played a game called Mystery at the Abbey the other week. Pretty fun. Tigress and Euphrates, though, was down right hard. Fun, but hard.

um, i hate to say this, but repost? :p

price is going to be a big determination factor for me. consoles are retarded expensive when they first come out, and i'd rather wait and see which one drops in price first.
that being said, the games and backwards compatability are going to be big factors for me too.

I think the only system I'd care about backwards compatabilty on will be the X-Box. (Possibly the Gamecube, since I don't technically have one.)

Other than those two, I already have a PS2. Backwards compatability just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. (Of course, I say that and the game I've been playing lately is Final Fantasy 7. Go figure.)

F33nX said:
um, i hate to say this, but repost? :p

price is going to be a big determination factor for me. consoles are retarded expensive when they first come out, and i'd rather wait and see which one drops in price first.
that being said, the games and backwards compatability are going to be big factors for me too.

Good chance that Nintendo's system will start out much cheaper than the other two. Would you still wait on price drops for that? Normally the price drops of the other two equal the original cost of the Nintendo system.

Coqui said:
Good chance that Nintendo's system will start out much cheaper than the other two. Would you still wait on price drops for that? Normally the price drops of the other two equal the original cost of the Nintendo system.
i always have, and always will be a big fan of nintendo. the revolution seems like a logical choice for me to get, were i to get a system right off the bat. i'd probably wait to get the ps3 until the price drop

F33nX said:
i always have, and always will be a big fan of nintendo. the revolution seems like a logical choice for me to get, were i to get a system right off the bat. i'd probably wait to get the ps3 until the price drop

I just wish I had more information about the revolution.