Question for iPhone people

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
A buddy of mine is wondering if there's a way he can type text messages with the iphone keyboard sideways (rather than the standard vertical orientation). Anyone know if there's a standard way to do this, or if there is an app that can allow this?

The sideways typing in the commercials is in a web browser, not during texting.

I don't know of any apps to do texting outside of the built in one.

That said my Centro was so much better than my iPhone :(

The sideways typing in the commercials is in a web browser, not during texting.

I don't know of any apps to do texting outside of the built in one.

That said my Centro was so much better than my iPhone :(
in case you haven't seen me post about it yet... i'm eagerly awaiting the release of the Palm Pre.

in case you haven't seen me post about it yet... i'm eagerly awaiting the release of the Palm Pre.

I have mixed feelings about it.

The keyboard edges are too high for the last column of keys.

But the interface is sweet. But no backward compatibility which is shit. Like real shit.

I have mixed feelings about it.

The keyboard edges are too high for the last column of keys.

But the interface is sweet. But no backward compatibility which is shit. Like real shit.
i can't think of any palm apps that i use anyway. i'm not worried about backwards compatibility.

not sure about the keyboard issue, i haven't seen one in person yet. isn't it pretty much the same keyboard as the centro?

It's like the cool internet thing to hate on the iphone.

I for one will be getting one this month when my contract is up.
is it? i hate on it because i can't stand the lack of tactile feedback from the onscreen keyboard. i also think the lack of copy/paste would be annoying as hell because i use it all the time on my current phone.

is it? i hate on it because i can't stand the lack of tactile feedback from the onscreen keyboard. i also think the lack of copy/paste would be annoying as hell because i use it all the time on my current phone.

Well I know several people with iPhones who love them. I have an iPod touch and the keyboard is fabulous. Better then any other touch screen keyboard and some qwerty keyboards.

I have one and it languishes in it's cradle wishing to be used
crackberry>*

The keyboard is the only thing I don't like. I've NEVER used C&P on a phone.

I type on mine a lot and the kb on the iphone is intolerable at best
I do actually c/p once in a while on it too...usually it's phone numbers

Yeah, I was an old school Palm Treo fan, and am now sold on crackberrys. Give me that full level of function in a touch screen, without bugs, and I'm sold.

I love when Apple releases a new product. It separates the materialistic from the non materialistic..

:confused:

I hate on it and I have it. Not an internet thing. My friends are annoyed with how much I rip on it.

Palm OS > *