question for cohabiting couples

not sleeping together is no big deal at our house. often, spange will fall asleep on the couch and stay there. sometimes i do the same. even if we do sleep in the same bed, we never go to bed at the same time, and i don't ever wake up at night, so i never know if he's there or not till the morning. waw, i don't think that not sleeping together is the beginning of the end. it's just sleep. what's the big deal if you're with someone or not?

i would say you both have choices: you can either suffer together in the same bed or separate WHILE you try to get your health issues worked out. it would seem the fairest deal would be taking turns, but if someone doesn't sleep well on the couch and the other sleeps fine, it would seem obvious that the person who sleeps better on the couch would take it.
the BIG issue i see would be trying to fix the problems so you don't have these issues the rest of your lives.

not sleeping together is no big deal at our house. often, spange will fall asleep on the couch and stay there. sometimes i do the same. even if we do sleep in the same bed, we never go to bed at the same time, and i don't ever wake up at night, so i never know if he's there or not till the morning. waw, i don't think that not sleeping together is the beginning of the end. it's just sleep. what's the big deal if you're with someone or not?

i would say you both have choices: you can either suffer together in the same bed or separate WHILE you try to get your health issues worked out. it would seem the fairest deal would be taking turns, but if someone doesn't sleep well on the couch and the other sleeps fine, it would seem obvious that the person who sleeps better on the couch would take it.
the BIG issue i see would be trying to fix the problems so you don't have these issues the rest of your lives.

to me it seems kind of impersonal for people that love each other to sleep separately...maybe I'm just a sap :\

this makes no sense, my parents are on year 33 and they rarely sleep together. Happiest married couple I have ever seen. My grand parents had seperate beds for the longest time and they have been together since he was in WW2 at 16 years old, hes 85

What WAW means is that every time a girl refuse to sleep with him she breaks up with him shortly thereafter.

to me it seems kind of impersonal for people that love each other to sleep separately...maybe I'm just a sap :\

If by "sap" you mean "big pussy who insists on watching Under The Tuscan Sun and eating Bon Bons while talking about his feelings" then yes.

I kid, I kid.:heart:

If by "sap" you mean "big pussy who insists on watching Under The Tuscan Sun and eating Bon Bons while talking about his feelings" then yes.

I kid, I kid.:heart:

I've never even heard of that movie or had a bon bon in my life so you're two up on me :p

IBWIP and I don't always sleep together, but I'm always the couch person. He doesn't fit on it. I like to sleep with noise and he likes to sleep in quiet. He does wear earplugs sometimes, and I do like sleeping with him. Sometimes, though, I choose the couch over bothering him. He needs rest since he's the one who has to get up early and go to work, so I try not to bother him. Sometimes I sleep on the couch when I want the tv on, and sometimes I sleep there when I have a migraine and I'm up half the night moaning and flopping about.

I'd say that the couch is for whomever will be more comfortable there.

my allergies are not animal related so far as i know, my first allergist appt is in three weeks. he's been allergic to dogs and cats his entire life, but that hasn't stopped him from having them and loving them. he'd rather get his toes chopped off than have to give our cat away. our cat, for his reasons, has NEVER been allowed in the bedroom. no clothes on the bed, no nothing except ourselves. we have all the hypoallergenic stuff on the bed too, and wash our sheets religiously.

air filter ftw! You should seriously get one. We keep one running at all times. It keeps the air cleaner and the white noise helps us sleep.