question for cohabiting couples

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,839
I have a question about banishment to the couch/other room for sleep/punishment. For the past month or so the boy and I have not been able to get a decent night's sleep(him= 5+ hours a night, me= 2-3 hours a night), either due to my horrible allergies or his hypersensitivity to the crazy weather changes. I believe one or both of us would benefit from someone sleeping on the couch.

Question is, who gets the honor? Growing up my mom would banish herself downstairs when woken by my dad's snoring, letting him saw logs in peace. I've excommunicated others to the couch for various wrongdoings. But this is a situation where neither of us are sleeping, yelling at each other at 3am, hopped up on sudafed/crankiness. Should I throw him downstairs with the cat, or should I take it upon myself to get cozy down there? I've barely got enough energy to type this, let alone figure it out right now:(

Is the problem with noise, moving around or what? Would getting a bigger bed help?

If it does not help, I say take turns on the couch.

I have never had to sleep on the couch, even in chim's fat and drunk days with his ridiculous snoring. I guess I would move to the couch because I am the lighter sleeper and would get woken up more often than him.

it's always easier to exile yourself because then the other party can't hold it against you later on. In fact, you can use it the opposite way like you did them a favor.

Rotating couch time works if both parties feel that nobody is at fault or the cause of the problem.

My mom almost always slept on the couch due to her major sinus problems.

Let me tell you how much this sucked when I was younger coming home at 5am completely wasted falling on random stuff. My parents used to leave chairs in my pathway so they could tell when I came fumbling home.

couples that don't sleep together is the first step to being over imo

this makes no sense, my parents are on year 33 and they rarely sleep together. Happiest married couple I have ever seen. My grand parents had seperate beds for the longest time and they have been together since he was in WW2 at 16 years old, hes 85

couples that don't sleep together is the first step to being over imo

we have NO problem going to bed together, and generally no problem falling asleep. but we both wake up, can't fall back asleep, get really tense, which doesn't help my lack of ability to breathe, and stay up until 5 or so when we pass back out exhausted and sleep through the alarm. i'm having massive allergy issues, he's being bitchy about the wierd weather (too hot, too cold, both at once, etc). it's got nothing to do with our feelings for each other.

it's always easier to exile yourself because then the other party can't hold it against you later on. In fact, you can use it the opposite way like you did them a favor.

Rotating couch time works if both parties feel that nobody is at fault or the cause of the problem.

this is what i've been doing, i've been going downstairs but can't sleep due to cat/noise outside/etc. plus it doesn't help my breathing issues. plus he's said me being downstairs and choking doesn't help him sleep. i'll bring up the rotating couch time tonight and see what he thinks.