Question about post deletes in ontopic threads...

PM you

• yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • no

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would a pm warning work? like if you notice someone's gotten off track, perhaps without meaning to?

i like ontopics because sometimes you want a thread where you don't have to spend time digging through crap to get to what you wanted to know/hear.

Honestly dear, I know I am going offtopic and I know that my posts are going to be deleted. A note from the friendly neighborhood spiderman is not going to work.

Offtopic threads start to go south about 3-5 pages in. Maybe there could be an understood page amount (once everyone's opinions have been thrown out there) that we can start derailing? :shifty:

I'm so torn on this one. I guess I don't really care. I can see both sides of the argument. Anyone wanna buy my vote?

I like ontopic threads. There are some discussions on this forum that seem to wind up in a lot of threads that I'm really not interested in reading about at all. Sometimes I like the banter, other times I just want to read about one topic and move on.

i know i've often looked up at the top of the thread beginning to see if i can see the label because i've forgotten if it's ontopic or not. can you label the thread on the inside?

would a pm warning work? like if you notice someone's gotten off track, perhaps without meaning to?

i like ontopics because sometimes you want a thread where you don't have to spend time digging through crap to get to what you wanted to know/hear.
The problem is once the offtopic post is made, people will reply to it. So it kinda has to be deleted.
i know i've often looked up at the top of the thread beginning to see if i can see the label because i've forgotten if it's ontopic or not. can you label the thread on the inside?
I've been working on somehow making that happen, but haven't figured out a good way to do it. :eek:

The problem is once the offtopic post is made, people will reply to it. So it kinda has to be deleted.

I've been working on somehow making that happen, but haven't figured out a good way to do it. :eek:

maybe devise a way to deliver an electric shock through the browser?

Splitting the offtopic/semi-offtopic posts into another thread would be cool.

But that would involve actual mod work :fly:

Cuz like today and stuff, the posts deleted from the Christmas thread were about Christmas, just not Christmas lists :p

I dont mind the mod work, but how would you actually implement it. Sometimes the offtopic stuff isn't about anything. Then it becomes really grey when I have to decide what gets spun off and what gets deleted...