ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥20,400
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/

Pitposter.jpg

Stupid thread of the week but has anyone ever seen this movie? I saw a screenshot of it recently and now cant get it out of my head. Swear I remember seeing it when I was really young on VHS (my dad had tons of old movies copied onto VHS).

Any other gems of '60s-'70s sci-fi anyone likes? I use to watch Dr. Who on PBS before school too... Soylent Green (well actually just about any Charlton Heston movie), Alien, etc.

In other news I've now been up 42 hours with a some wierd stomach ailment, more on this as it develops.

Coqui said:
Alien would pretty much be the only one I've seen. I really didn't get into sci fi until the mid 90's
Well, I didnt until the 1990s either considering I was only 3 in 1990... One of the first movies I remember watching was Predator.

FlamingGlory said:
Well, I didnt until the 1990s either considering I was only 3 in 1990... One of the first movies I remember watching was Predator.

I hate you.

First movie I saw in the theaters was Star Wars: A New Hope

Coqui said:
I hate you.

First movie I saw in the theaters was Star Wars: A New Hope
First movie I ever saw in the theatre was Jurassic Park. Crappy ass little cinema in the mall in Appleton WI. The mall had ORANGE carpeting in the entire interior. :lol:

I love Chuck Hestons old flicks
The Omega Man, Soylent Green, Planet of the Apes.
Good stuff.
Another old weird fave of mine that no ones probably seen is Vanishing Point.
Great movie.

Drool-Boy said:
I love Chuck Hestons old flicks
The Omega Man, Soylent Green, Planet of the Apes.
Good stuff.
Another old weird fave of mine that no ones probably seen is Vanishing Point.
Great movie.
I love Heston movies (of course I also love the NRA kekeke).

I have an album called Vanishing Point by Primal Scream. ^_^

I Am Legend, Blade Runner, the original Mad Max, La Jetée also come to mind. So want to go to blockbuster now.

I'm not sure if this touches on the Sci-Fi genre but I saw it on the shelf at a Phar-Mor movie rental area back in the '80s and laughed my ass off:

179826.jpg

Edit: it appears according to the top of the box I should have laughed my "head" off rather than my ass. my mistake.

Real Edit: my timing was off, I thought I saw this late '80s but it appears it came out in the early '90s.

Last edited:
ERage said:
I'm not sure if this touches on the Sci-Fi genre but I saw it on the shelf at a Phar-Mor movie rental area back in the '80s and laughed my ass off:

179826.jpg

Edit: it appears according to the top of the box I should have laughed my "head" off rather than my ass. my mistake.
When I worked at media play we had this gem of a movie all the way up until the day we closed. Even made a huge promo board for it the last week we were open.

Killer Condom: The Rubber That Rubs You Out
B00000K3TJ.01._AA140_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

FlamingGlory said:
When I worked at media play we had this gem of a movie all the way up until the day we closed. Even made a huge promo board for it the last week we were open.

Killer Condom: The Rubber That Rubs You Out
B00000K3TJ.01._AA140_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Now that is comedy gold right there. WOW

ChikkenNoodul said:
Drool knows this one

Zardoz!

Starring Sean Connery, and featuring a giant floating head that dispenses firearms

You can't ask for a better movie

Weirdest goddamn movie ever
Plus Sean Connery is wearing some weird short toga thing, wich lets you see just how hairy the guy is. Ugh.

SpangeMonkee said:
I've always liked Dr. Who, but there really isn't a whole lotta good sci-fi movies.
Blasphemy. Although all the movies here are more post apopalyptic than Sci-Fi.

Drool-Boy said:
Caught the Road Worrior on SciFi a couple of weekends ago.
Id forgotton how awesome that movie is.
Sci-Fi has been playing some neat stuff... I saw Equilibrium a while ago. Never even heard of it before, pretty awesome.