Qs about Multiple Networking Devices in XP

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
I wanna setup a wireless device and a ethernet device on my XP machine. I wanna be able to tell a certain application to start using one network device and another application to use another device. Is there a way to set this up.

Here's a "theoretical" scenario:

I'm downloading a big file from a "friend" via Bit Torrent, but I wanna play some BF2 and it is taking up my bandwidth. I wanna switch it to the wireless connection so that I can play via the ethernet connection.

I might be misunderstanding this, but wireless or not, aren't you still using the same bandwidth? Or are you paying for two seperate connections?

Ryan has the answer to this, he does it at home, but he isn't registered here... can he IM you?

SpangeMonkee said:
the wireless connection would be from someone else's network: :shifty:

sure
He will be IMing you, sir.
edit.. that's EXACTLY what we do at home :fly:

SpangeMonkee said:
the wireless connection would be from someone else's network: :shifty:

Ah so....Paying for two connections with an instant rebate on one Gotcha.

As I've only heard in theory how to do it, I'll let Ryan talk to you since he actually does it.

Sarcasmo said:
Amen.

Plus, I want to talk to the guy who thinks that Sarah is his dream woman and find out just how insane he really is. :fly:
:lol: We were at his parents house yesterday and I was sitting around talking with his mom.. she kinda chuckled at me and was like, "You two are just alike, that's so funny". ;) I took it as a compliment.