Qs about Multiple Networking Devices in XP

Here's the answer everyone is awaiting for! :D Hope it helps. :shifty:
1. disable both cards in windows
2. enable lan
3. enable wireless (this becomes the new default route to the internet) and connect to bit torrent
4. in the command prompt we need to run
Code:
route add BF2SERVERIPADDRESS mask 255.255.255.0 LANGATEWAY
Replace the capitlaized words with the proper addresses then windows will leave the bit torrent going on wireless, and use the lan to connect to the game. :)

Make sure your LAN and wireless have different ip adderess ranges. (For example, set your router to administer 192.168.5.xxx or anything other than 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.2.xxx cause those are the defaults for many routers.

SchmilK said:
1. disable both cards in windows
2. enable lan
3. enable wireless (this becomes the new default route to the internet) and connect to bit torrent
4. in the command prompt we need to run
Code:
route add BF2SERVERIPADDRESS mask 255.255.255.0 LANGATEWAY
Replace the capitlaized words with the proper addresses then windows will leave the bit torrent going on wireless, and use the lan to connect to the game. :)

Make sure your LAN and wireless have different ip adderess ranges. (For example, set your router to administer 192.168.5.xxx or anything other than 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.2.xxx cause those are the defaults for many routers.

static routes. never thought of that. excellent idea. btw, may want to add a -p after the route, so that it stays there after a reboot...

SchmilK said:

Same thing I said :fly:

The problem is, you have to know the IP addresses, and they have to stay the same. While this should work if you always play on the same BF2 server, it doesn't help when you want to change things on an application-by-application basis.

b_sinning said:
I really don't want my SO on here. If she was then I'd have to go somewhere else to complain about her.

My wife is too disgusted to come on here. I've told her a lot of things that go on here. :shady:

fly said:
static routes. never thought of that. excellent idea. btw, may want to add a -p after the route, so that it stays there after a reboot...

The only thing about that is after a reboot the default route to the internet may change and it won't make a difference that it's a static route because the new primary connection to the internet may become the LAN connection instead of the wireless.

The other problem is....are you goign to be playing on the same game server every time?

SchmilK said:
The only thing about that is after a reboot the default route to the internet may change and it won't make a difference that it's a static route because the new primary connection to the internet may become the LAN connection instead of the wireless.

The other problem is....are you goign to be playing on the same game server every time?
The lan gateway shouldn't change with a reboot, and you can have multiple static routes configured. So you might as well leave the route to that server there, in case you want to play later...