"Purge Threat(s)"

Applesauce

The Gypsy-The Acid Queen
Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥3,143
So, my daughter calls me at like midnight last night FREAKING OUT because she's heard of a Purge Threat near Columbus, OH.
I guess some assholes are emulating the movie(s) "The Purge" & there are fliers up in some areas creating some major panic for people living nearby.

This article explains the idiocy...

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/u-s-...growing-creates-mass-panic-real-or-not/14790/

Another...

http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio-receives-purge-threat-delaware

But seriously, I felt bombarded by her panic & wasn't even aware of this. I didn't quite know how to respond, except to reassure her that police are most likely aware of these fliers and that this would not be the first time that some idiots would try to imitate a movie, etc.... Probably not the the best time to goof around the 'hood past dark or during this supposed "purge".

But, she was like inconsolable for a bit! I guess to a kid, the concept from a movie attempting to be played out irl seems quite scary.

Anyone heard of this??.

Also, I've read a lot of comments. Can anyone recall a time in history when there was truly a lift of the law & total lawlessness was "allowed" for a certain period of time??

When the bad-guy killed the sherriff in some wild west town i imagine they just did whatever they wanted for a while.

So, my daughter calls me at like midnight last night FREAKING OUT because she's heard of a Purge Threat near Columbus, OH.
I guess some assholes are emulating the movie(s) "The Purge" & there are fliers up in some areas creating some major panic for people living nearby.

This article explains the idiocy...

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/u-s-...growing-creates-mass-panic-real-or-not/14790/

Another...

http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio-receives-purge-threat-delaware

But seriously, I felt bombarded by her panic & wasn't even aware of this. I didn't quite know how to respond, except to reassure her that police are most likely aware of these fliers and that this would not be the first time that some idiots would try to imitate a movie, etc.... Probably not the the best time to goof around the 'hood past dark or during this supposed "purge".

But, she was like inconsolable for a bit! I guess to a kid, the concept from a movie attempting to be played out irl seems quite scary.

Anyone heard of this??.

Also, I've read a lot of comments. Can anyone recall a time in history when there was truly a lift of the law & total lawlessness was "allowed" for a certain period of time??
Wow. I'm not really all that far from your kids, 2-3 hour drive maybe, and I haven't heard anything about this. Some dumb teenager who needs attention. As far as the lawless thing goes I'd say Detroit.

I thought you were about to say your daughter called upset because someone was threatening to purge the FB friends.

Sounds stupid but understandably scary for her.
Lmfao. That would be Twitter for her. She's not much of an FB'er.

Wow. I'm not really all that far from your kids, 2-3 hour drive maybe, and I haven't heard anything about this. Some dumb teenager who needs attention. As far as the lawless thing goes I'd say Detroit.
The dumb teen was in Louisville, I believe.

Well we live even closer and this is the first time I've heard about this. So yeah, not really worried about it at all. Though I get why your kids might be but I don't think it's a real threat.

Well we live even closer and this is the first time I've heard about this. So yeah, not really worried about it at all. Though I get why your kids might be but I don't think it's a real threat.
Oh I get why her daughter would be scared. There are some f'd up kids out there. The article said Cleveland too. haven't heard squat about this on the news or social media.

Oh I get why her daughter would be scared. There are some f'd up kids out there. The article said Cleveland too. haven't heard squat about this on the news or social media.
That's the odd part, I hadn't seen anything here at all. I admit my friends on FB usually are the first to post stuff like this. I have a bunch in both areas too.

Of course I could joke - they really said Delaware. No one really cares about Delaware here :fly:

In the first movie the main guy died from the Neighbors trying to purge his family so not true.

Main guy died by the group who wanted the homeless guy he was housing and refused to give up. They had no intention of wanting to kill them, but since they harbored their target, they had no choice.