WTF Pull Up Your Pants law in Florida

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/famil...r-pants-by-new-law-blog-27-the-telegraph.html

Teenagers in Florida are set to be banned by law from wearing low-slung jeans that reveal their underwear.

Senate Bill 228, also known as the "Pull Your Pants Up" Bill, was last week overwhelmingly approved by the state legislature. It is expected to be signed by Governor Rick Scott this week.

The measure prohibits students from wearing clothing that "exposes their undergarments" or "indecently exposes their body parts" while they are at school.

It is aimed at putting an end to the Hip-Hop-influenced trend, favoured especially by young men, in which jeans are worn around the buttocks rather than the waist.

State Senator Gary Siplin, a Democrat of Orlando and a longstanding advocate of a ban, described it as "pro-family, pro-education, pro-jobs".

Reading between the lines is funny. Black culture and hip hop is anti-family, anti-education, and anti-jobs.

"It is necessary to put the focus back on learning in the classroom," said Mr Siplin. "We can eliminate inappropriate dress as one of the many distractions in public schools today."

Pupils would receive a verbal warning on their first breach. For a second offence, a pupil would be banned from extracurricular activities for up to a week and his or her parents would be called in for a meeting.

A third strike, and pupils would be suspended from classes for three days and be banned from extracurricular activities for up to a month.

I have a feeling that a lot of the kids who are anti-education and anti-jobs won't care about these consequences. Extracurricular activities are for nerds anyway.

All the public schools here have switched over to students wearing uniforms and they have to wear the uniforms certain ways or be suspended or eventually expelled.

All the public schools here have switched over to students wearing uniforms and they have to wear the uniforms certain ways or be suspended or eventually expelled.

That was the plan in Dallas, but whe NO one follows the rules you can't do much about it.

That was the plan in Dallas, but whe NO one follows the rules you can't do much about it.

Unfortunately if you don't have an active parent base caring about the rules you are right, there isn't anything that can be done about it. But then if the parents don't care, doesn't that mean the society there doesn't care, so it makes the whole argument kind of go right out the window. There is no teaching children respect and how to be presentable if they don't see it in their community and they don't. It's a problem I guess, but I would say that this is a small problem in that sort of community anyway.

Unfortunately if you don't have an active parent base caring about the rules you are right, there isn't anything that can be done about it. But then if the parents don't care, doesn't that mean the society there doesn't care, so it makes the whole argument kind of go right out the window. There is no teaching children respect and how to be presentable if they don't see it in their community and they don't. It's a problem I guess, but I would say that this is a small problem in that sort of community anyway.

Its not society's job to raise children. All it does is hinder the rest of us when it tries.

Like I said during the no swearing law thread it all ties into public decency. It's no different that if you walked around down town wearing juts a bra. It's not tasteful for public and shouldn't be done. And if you look this one is targeted at school so yes they can dictate what you wear at school.
that's retarded

"Decency" is not an objective term, nor is tasteful. You have no business telling me that I can't walk around town wearing just a bra, you have no authority to decide what should and shouldn't be done.

:tard: you still fail to accept the possibility that plenty of women choose to wear burkas of their own free will with absolutely no influence from any males

wtf. no i don't. never said that at all. this is about some others stupidly thinking that a burqa and saggy pants are the exact same thing.