NSFW Crazy people arguing with Morons. All world problems solved here!

in the US, orders of protection are essentially useless bc there's no legal obligation for cops to uphold them

but I keep seeing y'all say "over there," where she at?

I think England?

And ya, I was coming from the angle of her physical safety/security if this guy gets out. Like actually physically safe, not just some paper that says he's supposed to stay away.

she’s in the USA

Then he'll see a magistrate who will set a bail amount.
It might be more than he can afford but the only cases I've seen where they give no chance of bail is capital murder or if he's from somewhere else and there's a real risk of fleeing the country.

State laws and interpretations of SCOTUS differ. Ask me sometime about getting bailed out of jail in South Boston district.
Brutal.
cops CAN enforce an OoP, and I'm sure to what level will depend on the state

but

regardless of the state, if they do not, legally they cannot be held responsible for that failure.

State laws and interpretations of SCOTUS differ. Ask me sometime about getting bailed out of jail in South Boston district.
Brutal.

This...

cops CAN enforce an OoP, and I'm sure to what level will depend on the state

but

regardless of the state, if they do not, legally they cannot be held responsible for that failure.

Lot of cops might do it anyway, or not, but SCOTUS decisions say they have no legal obligation to protect you from harm.

As messed up as it sounds, they do have an obligation for his well-being as he is now a ward of the state while he's in jail. They have no obligation for her well-being.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and nukes
The guy is a piece of crap.

We are also pieces of crap because she said “he’s broken from war” (I paraphrase) and we are going to jail him, which is a warehouse for teaching further criminal skills. Rehabilitation my eye.

The guy needs help. He’s crap, but still needs help.

The guy is a piece of crap.

We are also pieces of crap because she said “he’s broken from war” (I paraphrase) and we are going to jail him, which is a warehouse for teaching further criminal skills. Rehabilitation my eye.

The guy needs help. He’s crap, but still needs help.

Well said. War sucks. Never been to one, wouldn't want to.

Guarding a home with the potential of a shotgun assault was scary enough during military service. Can't imagine war.

he’s awaiting jury trial IN JAIL
he’s not getting out unless he’s found not guilty
i think she’s safe for now
when you're arrested in the US, once they charge you, they can keep you locked up until arraignment (but there's usually rules about how quickly they have to arraign you, lime 24-72 hrs), at which point the defendant enters their plea, and then a judge can set bail or bond, and if the defendant is able to secure the funds (which is often where bail bondsman and bounty hunters come into play), they are free until trial.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Basically the less money this guy's family and friends have the better it is for her. Higher chance of staying locked up.

If somebody is willing to part with 10%-20% of the bond amount, he can get out.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
when you're arrested in the US, once they charge you, they can keep you locked up until arraignment (but there's usually rules about how quickly they have to arraign you, lime 24-72 hrs), at which point the defendant enters their plea, and then a judge can set bail or bond, and if the defendant is able to secure the funds (which is often where bail bondsman and bounty hunters come into play), they are free until trial.

yes but puffy said he is in jail waiting jury trial so for now he can’t go anywhere
bail has been denied