PSA: If you're going to go hunting, use a gun like everyone else (hit a deer)

theacoustician said:
No, it's gross cause its hanging out in their yard. I don't think I'd want to eat meat that had been an ornament in my yard for several days.

not to mention you have no idea what that deer has got into in it's life.

When you buy meat from a butcher it's gaurenteed free of anything. You know what it was fed from day one.

crazymike said:
not to mention you have no idea what that deer has got into in it's life.

When you buy meat from a butcher it's gaurenteed free of anything. You know what it was fed from day one.
I'm not too worried about what it has or what it ate. If the deer wasn't healthy, you would have been able to tell that when you bagged it.

Its what the carcass picked up in the several days sitting outside, not to mention the rot factor. Bleh.

theacoustician said:
I'm not too worried about what it has or what it ate. If the deer wasn't healthy, you would have been able to tell that when you bagged it.

Its what the carcass picked up in the several days sitting outside, not to mention the rot factor. Bleh.

Not the deer I hit, that one was taken care of promptly. The pic is of the deer (or remnants thereof) that the neighbor got.

theacoustician said:

I am. If the deer was rummaging through a garbage dump or something it could have eaten lots of dangerous thigns that would not affect it's health immediatly or noticably.

crazymike said:
I am. If the deer was rummaging through a garbage dump or something it could have eaten lots of dangerous thigns that would not affect it's health immediatly or noticably.

:eek: Glad you are okay Dreamwalker!!!

Yeah I refuse to eat anything that eats garbage. That's why I don't eat roaches, raccoons or the neighbor’s dog. Deer is quite tasty tho. :drool:

crazymike said:
Then don't eat fish or anything labeled "free range". Personally, I'd be more worried about the drugs they dope animals up with that are "safe" than the animals that roam free.

Pandora said:

Yeah I refuse to eat anything that eats garbage. That's why I don't eat roaches, raccoons or the neighbor’s dog. Deer is quite tasty tho. :drool:
You eat crab.

theacoustician said:
Then don't eat fish or anything labeled "free range". Personally, I'd be more worried about the drugs they dope animals up with that are "safe" than the animals that roam free.

personally I prefer organic raised food. It tastes so much better and has no drugs.

theacoustician said:
But who the hell knows where those cows and chickens have been!

If it's organic raised it's all controlled

Pandora said:

:heart:

Hmmmm, neighbor's dog, yes, they have a German shepherd, wonder if they'd notice when it disappears?...