PSA: If you're going to go hunting, use a gun like everyone else (hit a deer)

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
Just driving along, minding my own business, when a deer jumps out in the road right in front of my vehicle. There was no way that I could avoid hitting it, it was RIGHT THERE!

h0lvanside.jpg

I can't open the passenger door all the way now.

n7lvandoor.jpg

x1avansidedoor.jpg

My right headlight is nonfunctional now.

b1uvanlight.jpg

The deer left a little something extra for me, but he really could have kept it as far as I'm concerned:

o9mvandeerhair.jpg

b4bvansidelight.jpg

My daughter wasn't with me. Once it was determined that we were all OK, she asked if my antenna bobber was OK. Yes, it is fine:

s9obobber.jpg

This happened not far from where some Mennonites live that we know, so we called them for help, and asked if they wanted the deer since it had just been killed. They said sure, came and got the deer, are butchering it, and said that if we want some deerburger sometime this week to come and get it. It would be fitting to eat the critter, wouldn't it?

After we got home we saw that the neighbor got a deer, and had the carcass hanging out back of his house, coincidence or no? I'm not too sure...

e8odeercarcass.jpg

I definitely don't like hunting, but I'd rather go out with a gun to get a deer next time around.

ChikkenNoodul said:
:( your poor car, glad you're unhurt

Yeah, eating the deermeat would be a good small revenge :D

I've only had it since this past summer :(

I think I could really enjoy eating this deer meat, even though I don't particularly like venison :lol:

dreamwalker said:
My daughter wasn't with me. Once it was determined that we were all OK, she asked if my antenna bobber was OK. Yes, it is fine
hahahaha... you have to love your kids.
really. you have to. it's like a rule.

And I dunno if I would eat anything my car hit. :wtf:

I'm the only person I know who has never hit a deer. All day yesterday on my roadtrip it's all I could think about. My luck is going to run out eventually.

dreamwalker said:
Just driving along, minding my own business, when a deer jumps out in the road right in front of my vehicle. There was no way that I could avoid hitting it, it was RIGHT THERE!

It's kind of hard to miss them when they jump right out like that :eek:

My daughter wasn't with me. Once it was determined that we were all OK, she asked if my antenna bobber was OK.

I could just hear her asking that! :lol:

This happened not far from where some Mennonites live that we know, so we called them for help, and asked if they wanted the deer since it had just been killed. They said sure, came and got the deer, are butchering it, and said that if we want some deerburger sometime this week to come and get it. It would be fitting to eat the critter, wouldn't it?

Was that David M?

MURDERER!!!!!!!

ps. sexy wheels :)

ps. ps. One chirstmas my uncle hit a deer coming to our house for Xmas. We told my cousin it was a reindeer and now there would no christmas. It was so mean, but funny at the same time.

kristchan said:

I'm the only person I know who has never hit a deer. All day yesterday on my roadtrip it's all I could think about. My luck is going to run out eventually.
I've never hit one, although one charged at our car once coming back from my wife's uncles place in VT.

kristchan said:

Yep, and my kids are very, very lovable. Really, they are, a handful sometimes, but I wouldn't trade them for anything or anyone :cool:

Good luck, hope you don't hit one. It has been buck season around here, so the deer are on the run and more active than usual.

ChikkenNoodul said:
You only think it's gross because it has a head.

You see the same thing otherwise in any supermarket.
No, it's gross cause its hanging out in their yard. I don't think I'd want to eat meat that had been an ornament in my yard for several days.