PSA: If you're going to go hunting, use a gun like everyone else (hit a deer)

C

crazymike

Guest
theacoustician said:
No, it's gross cause its hanging out in their yard. I don't think I'd want to eat meat that had been an ornament in my yard for several days.


not to mention you have no idea what that deer has got into in it's life.

When you buy meat from a butcher it's gaurenteed free of anything. You know what it was fed from day one.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
crazymike said:
not to mention you have no idea what that deer has got into in it's life.

When you buy meat from a butcher it's gaurenteed free of anything. You know what it was fed from day one.
I'm not too worried about what it has or what it ate. If the deer wasn't healthy, you would have been able to tell that when you bagged it.

Its what the carcass picked up in the several days sitting outside, not to mention the rot factor. Bleh.
 

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
theacoustician said:
I'm not too worried about what it has or what it ate. If the deer wasn't healthy, you would have been able to tell that when you bagged it.

Its what the carcass picked up in the several days sitting outside, not to mention the rot factor. Bleh.

Not the deer I hit, that one was taken care of promptly. The pic is of the deer (or remnants thereof) that the neighbor got.
 
C

crazymike

Guest
theacoustician said:
I'm not too worried about what it has or what it ate. If the deer wasn't healthy, you would have been able to tell that when you bagged it.

Its what the carcass picked up in the several days sitting outside, not to mention the rot factor. Bleh.


I am. If the deer was rummaging through a garbage dump or something it could have eaten lots of dangerous thigns that would not affect it's health immediatly or noticably.
 

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
7,656
0
0
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
crazymike said:
I am. If the deer was rummaging through a garbage dump or something it could have eaten lots of dangerous thigns that would not affect it's health immediatly or noticably.

:eek: Glad you are okay Dreamwalker!!!

Yeah I refuse to eat anything that eats garbage. That's why I don't eat roaches, raccoons or the neighbor’s dog. Deer is quite tasty tho. :drool:
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
crazymike said:
I am. If the deer was rummaging through a garbage dump or something it could have eaten lots of dangerous thigns that would not affect it's health immediatly or noticably.
Then don't eat fish or anything labeled "free range". Personally, I'd be more worried about the drugs they dope animals up with that are "safe" than the animals that roam free.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Pandora said:
:eek: Glad you are okay Dreamwalker!!!

Yeah I refuse to eat anything that eats garbage. That's why I don't eat roaches, raccoons or the neighbor’s dog. Deer is quite tasty tho. :drool:
You eat crab.
 
C

crazymike

Guest
theacoustician said:
Then don't eat fish or anything labeled "free range". Personally, I'd be more worried about the drugs they dope animals up with that are "safe" than the animals that roam free.


personally I prefer organic raised food. It tastes so much better and has no drugs.
 
C

crazymike

Guest
theacoustician said:
But who the hell knows where those cows and chickens have been!


If it's organic raised it's all controlled
 

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
Pandora said:
:eek: Glad you are okay Dreamwalker!!!

Yeah I refuse to eat anything that eats garbage. That's why I don't eat roaches, raccoons or the neighbor’s dog. Deer is quite tasty tho. :drool:

:heart:

Hmmmm, neighbor's dog, yes, they have a German shepherd, wonder if they'd notice when it disappears?...