Ontopic Proposition 19

tacobell_courtesy.jpg

Not surprising.

:fly:

Why not? You don't HAVE to work there if you don't like the contract... Pick some place else :iono:

edit: I'm required to submit to random drug tests at work. Not every company does that. If I don't like it, guess what...

I was more referring to them putting stuff in about what you can and can't do in your non-work hours, assuming those activites are legal of course.

Lawsuit waiting to happen once pot is legal. Discrimination anyone?

someone needs to push this nationally and take it to popular vote so the feds can fuck off.

How is it a lawsuit if they tell you ahead of time that if you're found out to do something, you can't work there and you sign it?

Lawsuit waiting to happen once pot is legal. Discrimination anyone?

someone needs to push this nationally and take it to popular vote so the feds can fuck off.

Lawsuits about drinking on the job failed. Why wouldn't smoking a substance be any different?

Wouldn't be smoking while ON the job, but piss tests to see if you smoke in your own free time would be invasion of privacy and discrimination.

Wouldn't be smoking while ON the job, but piss tests to see if you smoke in your own free time would be invasion of privacy and discrimination.

Thing is, there isn't a test right now that can specify exactly when thc was introduced into your system. It can be detected in your system 30 days out.

Just like my mom and having any alcohol in her system, even residual from the night before, those are grounds for termination.

This is why people should be judge solely on their performance.

Exactly. You find another reason to terminate, not THC in your system, but performance issues while someone is high at work. You do the same for someone drunk at work too, you don't give them a breathelizer then fire them for blowing over your states current legal limit.... You fire them for being a drunken idiot.