Ontopic Proposition 19

It won't pass 'interstate commerce' because weed grown in California legally is indistinguishable from weed grown illegally elsewhere. Let me see if I can find the court case about it...

I know the case you are talking about re: interstate commerce and california marijuana. It actually had nothing to do with determining the location since the case involved a man growing medical marijuana for himself while living in CA. They used Interstate Commerce to say 'We are the fed, and our card trumps your card'.

http://articles.cnn.com/2005-06-06/...-marijuana-angel-raich-diane-monson?_s=PM:LAW

I know the case you are talking about re: interstate commerce and california marijuana. It actually had nothing to do with determining the location since the case involved a man growing medical marijuana for himself while living in CA. They used Interstate Commerce to say 'We are the fed, and our card trumps your card'.

http://articles.cnn.com/2005-06-06/...-marijuana-angel-raich-diane-monson?_s=PM:LAW

Actually it does, and its apparently based on people trying to grow their own wheat in the 30s

Even respondents acknowledge the existence of an illicit market in marijuana; indeed, Raich has personally participated in that market, and Monson expresses a willingness to do so in the future. More concretely, one concern prompting inclusion of wheat grown for home consumption in the 1938 Act was that rising market prices could draw such wheat into the interstate market, resulting in lower market prices. Wickard, 317 U.S., at 128. The parallel concern making it appropriate to include marijuana grown for home consumption in the CSA is the likelihood that the high demand in the interstate market will draw such marijuana into that market. While the diversion of homegrown wheat tended to frustrate the federal interest in stabilizing prices by regulating the volume of commercial transactions in the interstate market, the diversion of homegrown marijuana tends to frustrate the federal interest in eliminating commercial transactions in the interstate market in their entirety. In both cases, the regulation is squarely within Congress' commerce power because production of the commodity meant for home consumption, be it wheat or marijuana, has a substantial effect on supply and demand in the national market for that commodity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

I know a ton of company's that do not allow smoking at work or at home. Most of them went to a non smoking policy and offered quit classes to the employees and gave a solid date that you had to be stopped or you would be let go.

Er, sorry? How can a company mandate what you do off their time? They don't own you.

None of this means much if the DEA can still bust anyone at any time.
the DEA doesn't have the resources to do it all on their own, though. they rely on local law enforcement for a lot of necessary support in their cases and without that support they'll be busting fewer pot smokers

like ods said, this is a stepping stone at best but a good stepping stone

hmmm I wonder if that should be allowed legally...

Why not? You don't HAVE to work there if you don't like the contract... Pick some place else :iono:

edit: I'm required to submit to random drug tests at work. Not every company does that. If I don't like it, guess what...

tacobell_courtesy.jpg

Not surprising.