Progressive Sounds [PS]

You are perfect for that job, not only do you have a love for music... you write incredibly well.

Check your Paypal account. ;)

I'm doing it for exposure, experience, and accessibility to unreleased tracks. I have access to their files so I can spin tracks before they're released. Also, Chloe Harris, the female DJ on there, just finished the "Transitions" CD tour opening for John Digweed so having my podcasts next to hers is fuckin huge.

Play some Janelle Monea. That chick is awesome.

I had to Google her and came up with an interview in which she sounds like a dipshit. I can't comment on her music though.

snippet:

Janelle: Well… I can tell you a lot of reasons why I left Kansas City, KS. One of ‘em had to do with the high level of violence and use of drugs around me. Kansas City is only so big and there weren’t many outlets for me to feel safe while focusing on my talents. I lost so many friends due to senseless acts of violence. And a lot of my family members and friends lost themselves mentally due to drug use. With so much negativity going on around me, I stayed involved in the arts… music and theatre. I have always wanted to explore the world. I went to New York first, to study musical theatre at the American Musical and Dramatics Academy. I started auditioning and going to some of the Broadway shows. As may be evident, I’m African American and when I’d go to audition, I’d always get the cursory, “Oh, it’s an African American girl! She’d be great for ‘The Wiz’ (if it came back out) or ‘Aida,’ or perhaps ‘The Lion King!’”

Does this bitch live in the 1950s?

No self respecting casting director looks at every black chick like she'd be good in the fucking Whiz. Perhaps somebody can't act...

Last edited:
i will not "do what I do" and just say nice. dunno if I've ever seen someone break down a song like that. maybe it's commonplace, but certainly not in hip hop.

howzat?

Does that shock you?

What would the review look like...

Fo shizzle I was Rizzle on my nizzle and this home dog came frontin with the boombox i be beating on and I said fo rizzle shizzle?

I had to Google her and came up with an interview in which she sounds like a dipshit. I can't comment on her music though.

snippet:

Does this bitch live in the 1950s?

No self respecting casting director looks at every black chick like she'd be good in the fucking Whiz. Perhaps somebody can't act...

huh. I heard an interview with her and that's what made me more interested in her and her music.