Ontopic Product Recommendations

Since I was in the bathroom for like a year and we are all stuck at home I figured it would be a good chance to do recommendations on things I've been using as of late. The first is an outdoor firepit/stove. I got mine last year at a REI sale. They can seem a bit pricey for what they are but I can't say enough good things about them. Super portable. They being double walled they cool down very easy. So in a normal camping situation once you put of the fire they are ready to toss into the truck after a few minutes. As well as they are pretty smokeless compared to most of the wood burning pits I've had. Now for alot of folks who live in areas that you can burn easier this might not be a need. But is CO where we are under alot of fire restrictions and being in a neighbor it works very well. They come in 3 sizes.
e4ed6f17dc0b008c090581465294a3b1.jpg

I remember looking into these a couple of months ago after a deal posted on Slickdeals. I skipped it because the comments there were not very favorable. Hmmmm

I remember looking into these a couple of months ago after a deal posted on Slickdeals. I skipped it because the comments there were not very favorable. Hmmmm
Look at the reviews at the outdoor sites like REI, Back Country, etc. It's all thousands of almost 5 star reviews. I've loved mine. It might also be the specific model you were looking at. I have the bonfire middle sized one.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Look at the reviews at the outdoor sites like REI, Back Country, etc. It's all thousands of almost 5 star reviews. I've loved mine. It might also be the specific model you were looking at. I have the bonfire middle sized one.
This was the thread, and I was wrong. I can't find any complaints about it. No idea why I didn't get one.

My detailer turned me on to these products a little while back for keepin' your car clean.

First up: Bead Maker.

It's a sealant/spray-on wax that you add after you finish washing the car. It makes any incidental water that may get on the car bead up and roll off immediately instead of sitting there and leaving calcium/acid rain deposits on your paint. Since my Audi lives outside, it's fairly important to me to protect it as best I can. With this, most weeks I can just spray it down with a quick shot of this stuff and not have to go to the extent of using shampoo or rinse at all.

Next up: Brake Buster.

It's a non-acid, paint-safe wheel cleaner. If you've ever seen the idiotic wheels I like, you'd know that they take a lot of time to clean manually. This cuts that down to a simple "spray on, agitate with a brush, rinse off with the pressure washer".

Next up: Pearl shampoo

This is for those heavy-flow weeks, when it's rained, followed by just enough wind to make you look like you've gone through a mud-truckin' session with the MONSTER JAM TRUCKERS. P. simple, just hit the car with a quick rinse from the pressure washer, then load this in your foam cannon at 1 part for every 80 parts water in the reservoir, spray it over the car. If extra dirty, use a mitt to agitate after you've got it on the car. Don't go too hard though, it could swirl the clear if you're really knuckling inn.

Finally: Leather treatment

I f'n hate leather interiors. If they're soft enough to be comfortable, they wear out super fast, but if they're hard enough to be durable, they're uncomfortable. This helps the soft stuff stand up to wear a little bit, but there's no magic bullet. It's kept the seats in the Audi alive though.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
Look, if you don't know how to make the fuckin' internet work, that's on you, asshole.

I just linked to the manufacturer's product pages, because they're more useful than some rando Amazon page that may or may not have a description that's useful.

You should definitely make a thread about it.

The purchasing of anything new has been a hold as of late but I did recently receive something I crowd funded about 6 months ago. It's called the draft top. And in very simple terms it cuts the center top out of the can. Leaving no rough edges at all. It's super nice especially for beer where you want the full taste but for a variety of reasons you don't want to use a glass/cup. I've been pretty impressed with it so far.

IMG_9514.jpgIMG_9515.jpgIMG_9516.jpgIMG_9513.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie