Ontopic Product Recommendations

If the item is going to be bathed in liquid, there is no reason you can't us a glass jar or a small casserole dish that fits in your water bath container. Eggs can be done by themselves in a small jar, since they are liquid and will conform to the jar surface.
https://food52.com/blog/20028-how-to-use-glass-not-plastic-to-sous-vide-food

Yeah, I find the plastic aspect gross too.
The reason glass won't work for most applications is because you have to get all the air out, or bad shit can happen.

I have a couple of product reviews/recommendations since my last one. First I'll start with a don't buy this one.

For anyone who spends anytime in the snow especially doing sports it's always a fight to find a decent and lasting pair of liner gloves. You always have the issues of finding ones thin enough to fit under your main gloves. But still sturdy enough to last at least a season. I can tell you for me the hunt is still on. Last year I purchased a pair of SmartWool liner gloves. At first I loved them. They fit perfect under my gloves. And the wool made the super warm. After a few wears they started to wear holes at the finger tips. This year I figured I would try the SmartWool Merino 250 gloves. I figured since they were a better wool and had the etip fingers they would last better. Plus they cost almost double the liners I tried before. I used them one time snowboarding and already had holes of 4 fingers. Returned them after my last trip. Complete garage so stay away from any SmartWool liners.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
My 2nd one is about a shoe/boot company I stumbled across recently. They are local to me so I was happy to test them out. They are minimalist style boots. So that means there is zero drop in the foot bedding and they are super light. I have the largest size they make the 48s and they only weight 12ozs. They are bendable, packable, and super comfortable for anyone looking for a wide toe box and zero drop foot. Now remember these are minimalist shoes so they are closer to feel of wearing nothing. But if that's something you're looking for or you're looking for a super light packable boot to take out or travel with. This might be for you. One thing to always keep in mind (and this is not unique to these) but all minimalist style shoes are crap on any wet surface. It comes down to the weight and style of the sole not allowing for grip lugs. But outside of wearing them somewhere like they they are great. The largest size they make is a euro 48. I was close to not fitting is this but having a small insole on these helped. If you're larger than that you might be SOL.

https://www.lemsshoes.com/products/mens-boulder-boot

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Can you get around some of that by having someone buy it for you and ship it?

Could probably find a used one. Those things last forever
thanks asa baba :)
there are times that has worked and others it hasnt cant say asa depends on those people sitting at our fpo (foreign post office)
plus then i have no after sales etc