Ontopic Product Recommendations

I like the 'roll up' idea, but not sure how long that thin cable will hold up to heat over the long haul. Especially for $100.

It looks like fish leader wire.

For $7, I could like this one, After it cools, you could pop it in a cheap laptop sleeve for clean portability.

Amazon product ASIN B001OPHA0S
Not bad (gravied), but we are looking for the lowest of the low in ones that can be rolled up when done. * I like that laptop sleeve idea.

I like the 'roll up' idea, but not sure how long that thin cable will hold up to heat over the long haul. Especially for $100.

It looks like fish leader wire.

For $7, I could like this one, After it cools, you could pop it in a cheap laptop sleeve for clean portability.

Amazon product ASIN B001OPHA0S
I'm pretty sure its well designed. They put some good money into their Instagram ads, so I assume cash isn't lacking. It's for affluent hipsters who are a fickle bunch.

Money spent on Instagram ads is an indicator of quality? :lolbow:
Ummm, yes, actually it is. Someone who has the cash to bankroll a really well done advertising campaign probably isn't using fish wire, whatever that is, in their grill. I mean think about the market for a $100 camping grill. It's not someone who is just going to say, "oh well" if it melts. They're going to take to the same social media(s) and bitch about it, and if the company won't make them whole, do a credit card charge back.

Think man, think.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Ummm, yes, actually it is. Someone who has the cash to bankroll a really well done advertising campaign probably isn't using fish wire, whatever that is, in their grill. I mean think about the market for a $100 camping grill. It's not someone who is just going to say, "oh well" if it melts. They're going to take to the same social media(s) and bitch about it, and if the company won't make them whole, do a credit card charge back.

Think man, think.
I am thinking and I think you are very wrong. Companies bankroll products that are pure shit all the time. But you do you.

Ugh. Of course they do you ninny. That hugely general statement has nothing to do with this specific product.
That specific product appears to be quirkly built to appeal to those who would be stupid enough to buy it for $100. The cable is just the start of it's crappiness. Stranded cable is a poor choice in a high heat environment where it is being put under tension. And it looks really fucking small when set up.

That specific product appears to be quirkly built to appeal to those who would be stupid enough to buy it for $100. The cable is just the start of it's crappiness. Stranded cable is a poor choice in a high heat environment where it is being put under tension. And it looks really fucking small when set up.
I really don't think you're understanding the product and who it's being marketed to at all. Let's remember to circle back to this in a couple months. I bet the reviews of it are very good.

The cheaper ones have sharp edges and wide tolerances and can’t do double duty as a dildo.

Buy the good one and save yourself some problems later.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie