Ontopic Product Recommendations

If you're concerned about bloatware, look up the supported device list on LineageOS.

That plus a bare gApps is about as small/quick as you can get.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
This is back: $13.51 usually $16.

Cooking your meat the correct temp will amaze you.

Amazon product ASIN B00004XSC5
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004XSC5?

& you can get replacement probes here:
https://www.taylorusa.com/shop/replacement-parts/

$5 each to your door.

(I just had to get a new main unit. Apparently a static spark from my dry ass house last week was enough to fuck it up.)

Since the one they sent was so dark, & I kept having to hold the thing under the stove light to double check all buttons were ready, I thought I'd reach out to their cust service, Tues Night.

Cliffs: They were quick & a new one is on the way. (So now I have one for camping!)
Also, click the amazon link, it's down to $12.15
To Taylor Cust Service:

Tue 04/23/2019 02:53 PM

Hi. There’s no customer service link directly to you, so to start, I thought I’d address it here instead of in a review.

This doesn’t look like the picture, or as legible as the older white one I replaced.

The grey one arrived, but is hardly legible.

The one you advertise looks pretty legible with easy to read decals.

Please let me know if you can send another one that is legible. I use these all the time and recommend them to everyone I know. I don’t want to have to start recommending ‘even though the buttons are really hard to read.’

Please advise.
Thank you.

To: AMSTEL
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 04:05 PM

Dear AMSTEL,
Thank you for contacting Lifetime Brands. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. From your description the unit is not functioning properly.
To proceed with warranty replacement, please reply with the following:

-Approximate date and place of purchase
-US contiguous shipping address and phone #
-The 3 rows of numbers on the back of your unit
IMPORTANT NOTE: The above must be provided by clicking the REPLY button (to reply to this email). By replying to this email I will be made aware the requested documents have been received and can assist you promptly.

Once the above is received we will request a replacement unit of the same model or if not in stock, a comparable model to be sent to you. We look forward to assisting you further.
Please reference your Case number the subject line of the email with any future correspondence
Sincerely,
Taylor Customer Service

Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 07:44 PM
To: '[email protected]'

Hi. Thank you for the quick reply. The information you requested is:
Approximate date and place of purchase
4/7/2019, Amazon.
US contiguous shipping address and phone #
My Address
The 3 rows of numbers on the back of your unit
1470N
V3043
Thank you.

To: AMSTEL
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:25 AM
Dear AMSTEL,

Thank you for the photos, we have placed an order for a replacement unit to be sent to you at no cost. Please allow 2-3 weeks or less for delivery. You will receive an automatic email containing the tracking information once the unit has shipped.

Once you are in receipt of your replacement please dispose of the broken unit.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to us again. Thank you for choosing Lifetime Brands.
Please reference your Case number the subject line of the email with any future correspondence

Sincerely,
Taylor Customer Service

Even though there's some recent bad reviews (see: but it says LO now and doesn't work!), I believe if you keep that part on the probe dry you'll be fine, & if you're really concerned, just go online & order the $5, mailed to you, replacement probe from the MFR.

Stupid phone.

So, puppy yanked the leash while I had my phone in my hand. Phone got jerked out of my hand, fell, cracked the glass. Get a quote to replace the glass and its literally the cost of a replacement for my phone ($220-285.)

What's a good replacement Android in that range? I'm happy enough with the Samsung S8 that I could just grab another one.
The Moto G* budget line is good, they usually have a few models back for sale if the current one is more than you want to spend. I believe they have a camera-centric version?

Definitely root: removing bloatware is ~99% of why I do. Could possibly be problematic with software for maximizing camera quality.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Not a huge hurry. Puppy did this like two or three weeks back. I'm just now posting about it cause why not.
Still some Nextbit Robins floating about for <$200 that will last functionally for about a year. I'm nearly to two on mine with all kinds of borked shit.