Ontopic Product Recommendations

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
bad recent reviews on this one.

Hmm. I know if you get the tiniest bit of water or moisture where the metal probe meets the rubber wire [in the box in the pic] you'll get the 'LO' indicator. (it will say 'Lo' where it says 135 in the pic) It's like it shorts the wire out. Since I know this, I avoid moisture there at all costs, even making sure that when I stick it into a piece of meat if the probe twists it won't touch what I'm cooking and will stay dry.

1554752453895.png

I've actually had to replace probes every couple yrs so I'm interested in if I'll have the issue they're reporting in the review, or if it's still a moisture issue.

I've recommended it to everyone & have yet to have someone tell me it quit but I do tell them about the moisture issue in advance.

Will report back.

Hmm. I know if you get the tiniest bit of water or moisture where the metal probe meets the rubber wire [in the box in the pic] you'll get the 'LO' indicator. (it will say 'Lo' where it says 135 in the pic) It's like it shorts the wire out. Since I know this, I avoid moisture there at all costs, even making sure that when I stick it into a piece of meat if the probe twists it won't touch what I'm cooking and will stay dry.

View attachment 6869

I've actually had to replace probes every couple yrs so I'm interested in if I'll have the issue they're reporting in the review, or if it's still a moisture issue.

I've recommended it to everyone & have yet to have someone tell me it quit but I do tell them about the moisture issue in advance.

Will report back.
real crap they didn't seal that better. Personally I slip a piece of shrink tube over it and seal it. Don't use silicone, most release water as part of the curing process.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Since I already use a Fitbit Charge 2 or whatever model fitness band it is, I decided to pick up a Fitbit Aria 2 weight scale. Unboxed it, found it took 3 double A batteries, no power cord available I believe. Setup was easy. It turns on, pair with smartphone Fitbit app, and then it connects to your home wifi network. After that, just stand on scale for weight and BMI %. Glass top. I wasn't thinking when I setup the scale that the box had been sitting outside all day, and damn it was fucking cold on bare feet. I'm within 5lbs of my high school weight, supposedly 20% BMI. I do need to get more exercise, walking more now that weather isn't as much of a factor.

Since I already use a Fitbit Charge 2 or whatever model fitness band it is, I decided to pick up a Fitbit Aria 2 weight scale. Unboxed it, found it took 3 double A batteries, no power cord available I believe. Setup was easy. It turns on, pair with smartphone Fitbit app, and then it connects to your home wifi network. After that, just stand on scale for weight and BMI %. Glass top. I wasn't thinking when I setup the scale that the box had been sitting outside all day, and damn it was fucking cold on bare feet. I'm within 5lbs of my high school weight, supposedly 20% BMI. I do need to get more exercise, walking more now that weather isn't as much of a factor.
So, what 3rd parties does it phone your BMI to over wifi?

You know, if the scale had a dial on it or even a digital readout on a screen you could skip like 3 unnecessary steps with sending info via Bluetooth connection so you could read how much you weigh on your phone while you're standing on the scale.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum