Ontopic Product Recommendations

fuck gear next tour imma only buy kitchen stuff :p:D

I thought about working an address out of you as if I was going to send you a CD or something small and insignificant and then a mixer would show up instead, ready to go, duties and import taxes already paid, but this shit you're talking about ain't exactly like buying somebody a beer or sending them a record.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/countert...5-quart-tilt-head-stand-mixer.ksm150pspm.html

I bet your scoundrels over there would even calculate duties off MSRP and not even actual purchase price.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
I thought about working an address out of you as if I was going to send you a CD or something small and insignificant and then a mixer would show up instead, ready to go, duties and import taxes already paid, but this shit you're talking about ain't exactly like buying somebody a beer or sending them a record.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/countert...5-quart-tilt-head-stand-mixer.ksm150pspm.html

I bet your scoundrels over there would even calculate duties off MSRP and not even actual purchase price.
ya baba basically they want as much because they dont actually do any work, like politicians

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Okay the boys Pinewood Derby car has been crudely cut at the Cub Scout meeting buy one of those guys with one of them fancy saws that goes up and down and shit
Now to shape the thing should I buy a Dremel? Or some generic version of a Dremel? Because there's a used tool place near here and I'm sure I'm going to get the worst of all possible Suggestions by asking this question on this board.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
Okay the boys Pinewood Derby car has been crudely cut at the Cub Scout meeting buy one of those guys with one of them fancy saws that goes up and down and shit
Now to shape the thing should I buy a Dremel? Or some generic version of a Dremel? Because there's a used tool place near here and I'm sure I'm going to get the worst of all possible Suggestions by asking this question on this board.

I vote cheap or used Dremel., With used (but not used up) quality being better than new cheap. If you had a regular need for it you'd already own a more expensive/nicer one.

Also because real wood carvers chisels one of you two gonna end up taking a finger off or stabbing your own leg.

Gonna want a couple sheets of regular sandpaper too. Something around 60-80 grit to take out tool marks and round off edges, then something around 150-180 grit to smooth it out. No need to go finer than that if you're gonna paint it.

Some bits for the Dremel with some "teeth" in them make quicker work of it. Take a bigger gouge out if he screws up too. Have him practice on a piece of scrap first to get a feel for it.

And keep the dremel away from his sister's hair.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi
I also vote cheap or used dremel. Be wary mixing brands for bits though, as the rotozip tool rotates the opposite direction from dremel, which makes spiral, fluted and other directional bits a little problematic.
Sounds like a good way to ensure your bits are not bought by a wider range of people.

Since I don't use it much I went the cheap way and bought a new Wen rotary tool.
Around $20 something on amazon for this set.
No problems yet. Used it a dozen times I guess.

91BEKi9aGqL._SX355_.jpg

Last edited:
Let the boy learn about muscle power. We're talking a block of soft wood about 5cm sq by 15cm long FFS.
I also vote cheap or used dremel. Be wary mixing brands for bits though, as the rotozip tool rotates the opposite direction from dremel, which makes spiral, fluted and other directional bits a little problematic.
Better "Dremel" type tools have a direction switch - depending on your "hand" and direction of work flow you really need that for finer carving. ;)

Importantly, polish the axle nails where the wheels will rub and if you can, buff the inside of the plastic wheel hole smooth.

^^ things that make the car go or slow.