Ontopic Product Recommendations

I got a Takeya 40 oz double walled thermos for my water intake needs.

I'm so fucking hydrated.
I need a new fitness watch, though. My Charge HR is about dead. Screen's cracked, the overmolded strap is peeling up, it smells funny.
The new FitBit Ionic is super nice. And you might be able to still get the orange one for $90.

For the fellas a site I found last year that is somewhat like an REI with a different scope is www.huckberry.com . It's owned by Kelly Slater and another guy. It's like a clothing and gear store targeted towards outdoor type people but not as outdoorsy as REI.

So my first recommendation is a belt I recently switched over to as my everyday use belt. I have a variety of belts from normal leather to a fully adjustable croakie type. But I recently picked up an Arcade brand belt. I can't tell you how fantastic this thing is. Super comfortable, adjustable, and easy to take off and on. Plus having zero metal it makes it nice for constant trips through metal detectors.

Midnighter-Black-A11100-00-1.jpg

www.arcadebelts.com

I picked one up about a year ago and it's awesome. I need to get more.

For the fellas a site I found last year that is somewhat like an REI with a different scope is www.huckberry.com . It's owned by Kelly Slater and another guy. It's like a clothing and gear store targeted towards outdoor type people but not as outdoorsy as REI.

cant even look at the site without creating an account?
No thanks.

Posted about it a couple of weeks ago in the exercise thread. Target. Great watch, amazing battery life.

@MacG It's got an onboard GPS and is therefore fantastic for tracking runs.

It's really cool, I like those. I realized it's almost as pricey as a smart watch. I have a Samsung Gear S2, but I guess it's not to be used as a fitness helper.

I would buy a Garmin or Fitbit like you mentioned if I didn't have a Garmin unit on my bike though.

cant even look at the site without creating an account?
No thanks.
I was going to suggest leftlanesports.com (I picked up a couple great camp related, super discounted, items there last yr.) Just clicked over to it and it will let you see everything but the prices until you log in. It's got to be new for that site within the past 3 mos. Wasn't like that at Xmas. :/

This might be my next purchase. A bit pricey for what it is but if it does what it says I think it will be work it long term.

demerbox_front_orange_1.jpg

https://www.demerbox.com/

Didn't see anything mentioned in the ad so, are those speaker cones and surrounds weather treated with anything? Or they made with some type of plastic/synthetic rubber?

For $400 I would at least want a layer of grill cloth behind those grills. The porthole needs air movement (assuming it's an actual port) but should also be covered with some mesh/windowscreen to keep bugs and raindrops out.

Maybe that stuff is all figured out, it just looks like they put it in a really sturdy case but didn't protect sensitive stuff good enough. Are there waterproof covers over charging ports, etc.? Freq. response/output of the speakers?

Ad copy is long on fluff and short on details.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Didn't see anything mentioned in the ad so, are those speaker cones and surrounds weather treated with anything? Or they made with some type of plastic/synthetic rubber?

For $400 I would at least want a layer of grill cloth behind those grills. The porthole needs air movement (assuming it's an actual port) but should also be covered with some mesh/windowscreen to keep bugs and raindrops out.

Maybe that stuff is all figured out, it just looks like they put it in a really sturdy case but didn't protect sensitive stuff good enough. Are there waterproof covers over charging ports, etc.? Freq. response/output of the speakers?

Ad copy is long on fluff and short on details.

The port has a waterproof plug that you can put in to solve that. And the speakers have a aluminum cone with rubber drivers.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The port has a waterproof plug that you can put in to solve that. And the speakers have a aluminum cone with rubber drivers.

Fair enough.

Its kind of neat. That seems crazy expensive at first but hey, 50 hour battery. That would make it worth it to some. You're not going to run it 24/7. Could last anywhere from a long weekend to like 2 weeks or something if you're just playing it at the campsite in the evenings. Or serve as backup charge for other stuff. Could plug it up waterproof and carry your other electronics inside it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Fair enough.

Its kind of neat. That seems crazy expensive at first but hey, 50 hour battery. That would make it worth it to some. You're not going to run it 24/7. Could last anywhere from a long weekend to like 2 weeks or something if you're just playing it at the campsite in the evenings. Or serve as backup charge for other stuff. Could plug it up waterproof and carry your other electronics inside it.

Their copy says you could put your wallet & keys inside. While you 'could,' I'm not sure that I would. It seems like the kind of thing that could be picked up and walked off with!!!