Halp Pro Tips v1.0

Clean up old Windows updates, service pack files, and other junk from Windows 7, Server 2008, and 2012 machines by running the following command from an elevated command prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded

I just freed up about 3GB of space on my home Windows 7 desktop (important since I don't have a ton of room on that SSD).

The effect of this is similar to going into any NT based system and deleting the 'patch folders' which were held under %windir%. You are _commiting_ to 'current patch level' and removing the 'uninstall files' for all patching prior to the command.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

[+1 up]

teletype connection to a mainframe, circa 1978.

That stupid green and white paper which scrolled conversation in lieu of an actual monitor captured my attention like no other.

/waw

we had one of those at my HS and I always eyed the thing like it was some sort of dinosaur

So, you can use dandruff shampoos on dogs, as I've read a bunch of times on dog grooming forums. It has to do with the PH balance with regular shampoos vs dandruff shampoos. So, I bought some, the recommended "2 in 1" shampoo and conditioner combo. I washed doggy twice and he is lovely.

Doggy Stink Tip: If you don't dry your dog thoroughly, any stink that you're trying to remove from him/her will remain, because when a dog's skin stays wet, it naturally generates a smell.

Hair dryer tip: To get your doggy used to the hair dryer: Turn it on and blow it on yourself, then him, (repeat), but not with wild movements. I found that the more I moved too fast with the thing, he'd cower in the corner.

Then approach him from about 2 feet away. (Make sure he's stationary, NOT in a corner; don't walk towards him with it like you're slowly impending an attack upon him).

Use the high setting on "COLD" and keep telling him how awesome he is.

Make SURE that your dog is not backed into a corner. (When I started drying him in the corner of the bathroom, he cowered way more and I can only assume that he'd get even more agitated if I made him stay there).

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Last edited: