Status
Not open for further replies.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
So Juli has been calling around for a dentist to check on her son who's experiencing tooth pain. Well almost all the places she called are not accepting new patients. WTF?!

There needs to be a public option.

/rant.

How exactly is that 'private healthcare' sucking? Or have anything to do with 'private healthcare' at all? Those offices likely have a full load already with difficulties scheduling for their existing patients, they're supposed to make things worse by adding even more on to their workload?

A government-run dentists office would be preferable to you?

All having a public option will give you is "yes your appointment is in 7 months". They are most likely not accepting new patients because their books are already full.

How exactly is that 'private healthcare' sucking? Or have anything to do with 'private healthcare' at all? Those offices likely have a full load already with difficulties scheduling for their existing patients, they're supposed to make things worse by adding even more on to their workload?

American Health care is horrible right now, across the board. Something different HAS to be done. Period. Do you at least agree with that statement?

American Health care is horrible right now, across the board. Something different HAS to be done. Period. Do you at least agree with that statement?

I would have agreed with you prior to leaving FL. Now that I'm in CO and in a different system it's 1000% better than FL.

Last edited by a moderator:

If these private medical companies are making bank profits then they can bloody well open some more locations to handle the load! They just don't give two fucks about whether or not medical care is available to you or not, they just care about turning a buck.

And yes. Government run healthcare allows the voter to vote out those who are not running their medical healthcare system properly.. With private, you have no damn say in the matter at all..

All having a public option will give you is "yes your appointment is in 7 months". They are most likely not accepting new patients because their books are already full.

It was actually full of shit. They did have room. After we had the insurance company find a place, they ended up finding a place that Juli had already been turned away from.. So they did have room, but were still rejecting people..

I would have agreed with you prior to leaving FL. Now that I'm in CO and in a different system it's 1000% better than FL.

Well sure. when your state population has a median age of mid 30's, things are going to be a lot better.

But over all, across the nation, we spend more on health care than we should. Working in it, I can tell you about 5 reasons why, and they are all based on greed. And an expensive health care system is why we see this national health care shit pushed on us. The system is fucked across the board, with it becoming a giant smorgasbord of corruption that someone with the balls and a good knowledge of the rules can feed on and become rich off of (Rich Scott for instance).

While there are individuals who aren't having problems, currently, eventually the entire system will implode and we all will be affected. We Americans tend to only think about the present, and ignore the results in the future.

It was actually full of shit. They did have room. After we had the insurance company find a place, they ended up finding a place that Juli had already been turned away from.. So they did have room, but were still rejecting people..

8042-lg.JPG

Well sure. when your state population has a median age of mid 30's, things are going to be a lot better.

But over all, across the nation, we spend more on health care than we should. Working in it, I can tell you about 5 reasons why, and they are all based on greed. And an expensive health care system is why we see this national health care shit pushed on us. The system is fucked across the board, with it becoming a giant smorgasbord of corruption that someone with the balls and a good knowledge of the rules can feed on and become rich off of (Rich Scott for instance).

While there are individuals who aren't having problems, currently, eventually the entire system will implode and we all will be affected. We Americans tend to only think about the present, and ignore the results in the future.

I'm not saying you're not correct there, but I can pretty much guarantee that making it 'public' isn't going to make it any cheaper.

Oh sure, some people might get to pay less, but that means the rest of us will pay more for less care than we've had in the past.

My oldest had a sore tooth, so I got some recommendations, found one that was covered by my insurance, called and had an appt 2 days later, and more for my boys 2 days after that. Same thing went with doctors.

I fail to see a problem here, aside from what Short guy posted up above.

I can't believe you actually think some one would be held responsible for public healthcare and that voting them out would actually do a damn thing to change it. You've learned nothing about american politics in your time here ODS.

private its far superior... There is simply not enough dentists in your area to meet the demand, that'd still be an issue no matter who ran it. Public option or not.

Anyone I've ever met who lived in a country that has a public option doesn't use it unless they have to. They have all paid for extra supplemental insurance. The public option is only on the table for lazy ass pukes who refuse to put down the crack pipe long enough to get a job and pay for their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.