Print an image in one second? You will.

Ryokurin

Erect Member
Oct 15, 2004
www.ryokurin.net
Marklar
₥0
http://texyt.com/silverbrook+memjet...sktop+photo+wideformat+hp+edgeline+comparison

If this is real, next year is going to be a golden year for printing. They are expecting to have printers capable of printing 30 pages in a second for under $150. Remember too that Kodak was coming out with printers that ink sells for 10-15 dollars too at the end of the year. Maybe I'll actually use my printer now when that comes out. Usually I print sparingly as I hate paying 40 dollars for ink.

I think the most important question here is: Waterproof? I thought not.

When laser printers cost less than $150 Ill print more.

Although, speedy, aye.

Last edited:
Ummm. inkjets are never waterproof. partial because of the paper. now, solvent printing, that's a different story.
Solvent printing is technically inkjet kekekeke

I always just throw it out there. Shocks most people to learn that your average photo printer output is crap once it gets damp.

Walmart has a new paper for when you print out your photos (off a card or disk) .. that is completely waterproof.

I want one of those printers. It takes mine 2 minutes to print out 30 pages. And I don't always really have 2 minutes.

Actually it looks it.

I have just killed several printers though cause I either need plots (unpossible at home) or to print out engineering tables/tech manuals/case law :(

Get a Westlaw account. They're cheap. I got an invoice the other day for an hour's worth of research for $1,600.

http://texyt.com/silverbrook+memjet...sktop+photo+wideformat+hp+edgeline+comparison

If this is real, next year is going to be a golden year for printing. They are expecting to have printers capable of printing 30 pages in a second for under $150. Remember too that Kodak was coming out with printers that ink sells for 10-15 dollars too at the end of the year. Maybe I'll actually use my printer now when that comes out. Usually I print sparingly as I hate paying 40 dollars for ink.

Hmm, I shall watch this too :)

Get a Westlaw account. They're cheap. I got an invoice the other day for an hour's worth of research for $1,600.

I could buy 20 years of the court reporter and a hooker for that much :p

Edit: or 184 2x4x10s
or 10 windows
or 10 ounces of weed
or the OED

Last edited:
it looks like crap if you are trying to do an picture however.

Epson Durabrite inks are pretty water resistant as well. They are also supposed to last around 75 years. I love Epson printers, but the thing with them, you have to use them often or they gunk up. You also shouldn't use refurbished ink in them as they never hold the pressure right.

it looks like crap if you are trying to do an picture however.

Epson Durabrite inks are pretty water resistant as well. They are also supposed to last around 75 years. I love Epson printers, but the thing with them, you have to use them often or they gunk up. You also shouldn't use refurbished ink in them as they never hold the pressure right.

The ink is as only as good as the paper. Most paper that you can purchase is not archivable. The epson inks and printers are great. You either have to run them often or make sure you have it off so that it caps the print heads. At work, we have a 9600 that we print digital matchprints on and it is gorgeous. Inks are cheaper per ml than the smaller printers though.. Makes no sense.

Yeah, usually I am printing color graphs and reports. If it'S just B&W it prints much faster. But of course they can't settle for a copy .. they all want color.

Bastages.

I have a HP deskjet 5700 at work. If I turn it up to best and maxi DPI .. the pictures look fantastic. especially if I print on card stock or glossy/matte paper.

For $100 I'm fairly impressed with it. But I'd still take one that prints faster lol.

Last edited: