GAY Post your "oh crap, i might be in trouble" stories.

Another one: Back in the day, USC and Notre Dame games were a big thing. Two of my friends and I went into Chicago for the USC pep rally. It ended up being lame, so we decided that we'd hit a couple of clubs. At the time, I think we went to one owned by Rodman. Anyway, we took a cab there and got dropped off, only to find out that the club didn't open until midnight. Being a couple of broke kids, we didn't want to spend drink money on more cabs. So in our infinite wisdom, we decided that we'd walk back to the pep rally. Worst mistake ever.

Things started getting seedy pretty quickly. We sorta realized our error and tried to flag some cabs, but none of them would stop. Another bad sign. We should have turned around, but bravado. Now we're all dressed to the nines, hoping to score with some ladies. We're now walking straight through the ghetto. At one point, there are some guys on the other side of the street telling us that it's dangerous to walk on the side we were on. We decided to ignore them and keep walking, because they were the ones that seemed dangerous. Not long after that, I remember looking at some of the projects and that's when I realized that I was walking past Cabrinni Green. Literally one of the worst projects to ever exist. IIRC, some little kid got smoked from a sniper in one of the towers.

I was pretty sure we were going to robbed and there was a good chance we were going to die. It was just a matter of time. So we're briskly walking towards the city. I remember we crossed an intersection and coming up the street were a group of young men who didn't look friendly. Now, what was about to happen was amazing. We're crossing the street, they're coming up it. We're on a collision course. Just as we nearly intersect, one of the guys stomps his feet really hard. Before any of us even knew what had happened, I looked down and my feet were in an open run. We ran and ran and ran to safety.

I bet those guys laughed all week about those stupid white kids.

So I worked for the Dept of Agriculture for a while. During cattail season, I was responsible for going out and collecting cat tail pollen. They basically gave me a car and said, go find some swamps, and be back by 4. Well one day, I saw some great ones and stopped. Walked down the embankment and started wandering around the swamp collecting the pollen. As I'm wading through, not paying attention, the muck starts getting deeper and deeper.

Suddenly, I'm stuck. Oh fuck. I can hear cars up on the road, but they can't hear me. There are no houses around. Panic. I was eventually able to work myself out and get back to the car, but that was a big OH FUCK moment.

I had a somewhat similar experience hunting pheasant when I was a teen. It was opening day and had been doing a combo of rain and snow for a week. We were out walking fields and I was walking a ravine. I hit a spot that was all mud and got my boot stuck. I tried to pull it out and it came out and disappeared in the mud. When I was trying to pull out the stuck leg I ended up sinking to my waist. It was like 30 degrees so I got cold quick. I attempted to yell for the other guys in my party but with the lay of that and where i was they couldn't really hear me. So I ended up shooting the 3 times in the air for help and they ended up coming over. One guy grabbed my shotgun and my buddy came down and pulled me out. I lost my other boot as well and was completely caked in wet almost frozen clay and mud. Somehow when I got out my pants inside the Carhartt overalls fell down below my knees. But because of the mud I couldn't really take them off the fix them. So I had no boots, was covered in mud, and my pants had fell down. So I had to hop onto my buddies back like a piggy back but because my pants fell I couldn't wrap my legs around so it was more like a dead piggy pack. We did that a few miles back to his house and we were so fucking cold when we got there. To top everything off when we got there his mom was outside and was like "you two aren't going into the hosue covered in all that mud". So she sprayed us with the hose to get all the mud off first them allowed us to strip down and go inside.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Another one: Back in the day, USC and Notre Dame games were a big thing. Two of my friends and I went into Chicago for the USC pep rally. It ended up being lame, so we decided that we'd hit a couple of clubs. At the time, I think we went to one owned by Rodman. Anyway, we took a cab there and got dropped off, only to find out that the club didn't open until midnight. Being a couple of broke kids, we didn't want to spend drink money on more cabs. So in our infinite wisdom, we decided that we'd walk back to the pep rally. Worst mistake ever.

Things started getting seedy pretty quickly. We sorta realized our error and tried to flag some cabs, but none of them would stop. Another bad sign. We should have turned around, but bravado. Now we're all dressed to the nines, hoping to score with some ladies. We're now walking straight through the ghetto. At one point, there are some guys on the other side of the street telling us that it's dangerous to walk on the side we were on. We decided to ignore them and keep walking, because they were the ones that seemed dangerous. Not long after that, I remember looking at some of the projects and that's when I realized that I was walking past Cabrinni Green. Literally one of the worst projects to ever exist. IIRC, some little kid got smoked from a sniper in one of the towers.

I was pretty sure we were going to robbed and there was a good chance we were going to die. It was just a matter of time. So we're briskly walking towards the city. I remember we crossed an intersection and coming up the street were a group of young men who didn't look friendly. Now, what was about to happen was amazing. We're crossing the street, they're coming up it. We're on a collision course. Just as we nearly intersect, one of the guys stomps his feet really hard. Before any of us even knew what had happened, I looked down and my feet were in an open run. We ran and ran and ran to safety.

I bet those guys laughed all week about those stupid white kids.

I once, without knowing the city, accidentally walked through the tenderloin in SF at 3am. Granted, thats beverly hills compared to chicago, but i was suprised at how not-shady it was. I didnt get asked once if i wanted my dick sucked for crack.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Two of my friends and I went into Chicago for the USC pep rally. It ended up being lame, so we decided that we'd hit a couple of clubs. At the time, I think we went to one owned by Rodman. Anyway, we took a cab there and got dropped off, only to find out that the club didn't open until midnight.

Sounds like, Drink. He was rumored to be part owner.

Fucking amazing club. Yup, opened at midnight. You were probably only a couple blocks from some other damn good clubs that opened at 10. And if you're not familiar with that area, & dropped off before there's any crowd in line, that part of town, at night, looked like a bad, bad scene from a movie. :lol:

oh fuck. that sounds shitty
Wasn't too bad. I was on a huge adrenaline rush so I didn't feel any pain, and the car wasn't on fire or anything (thank fuck)

It was more like, "so, uh, I guess I'm not making it to work on Monday"... like, how much I was inconveniencing the rest of the world was the first thing on my mind. And just wondering what I was going to be going through.

I met the gf as a consequence of that car accident so hey, life worked out.

Sounds like, Drink. He was rumored to be part owner.

Fucking amazing club. Yup, opened at midnight. You were probably only a couple blocks from some other damn good clubs that opened at 10. And if you're not familiar with that area, & dropped off before there's any crowd in line, that part of town, at night, looked like a bad, bad scene from a movie. :lol:
Nope, looks like it was Crobar.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Nope, looks like it was Crobar.

Really? I've been in that place countless times & never heard Rodman had part ownership there. VERY cool bar though. I met* Eddie Vedder in VIP.

*met: sat next to him (it was the only seat available in VIP and it was on the bench against the wall), looked at him as I was sitting down, & said pleasantly said "hey." to which he pleasantly replied, 'yeah.' & that was it. His head didn't move, his mouth didn't move. nothing. Just sat there staring at some point on the opposite wall. Just like he was when I sat down. I ended up talking to some chick on my other side, occasionally taking a glance around to see if he was still sitting there. He was. I was up there for about a 1/2 hr. :lol:

I was at Drink with my Bro once who disappeared for an hour going to take a piss. He came back, & I said, Long line? & he said, Dude! I haven't even pissed yet! I was headed there and passed a room with an open door and Rodman was in there. I just walked in, went over, and started talking with him. I was in there the whole time.

Here's the sign I walked past when my life really came into focus. I remember the letters being white, but maybe it was just me that was white.

3929767509_1063d80594_b.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
:wtf: Dude, you do realize this was like 1994, right? it was like a 5 minute walk from Cabrinni Green.

Yup. & from the front of Crobar, you could have thrown a baseball north up Kingsbury and it would have landed on North Ave and rolled across the that street to yuppie-ville where the biggest tragedy at any hour of the day would be a popped collar messing up some badly gelled hair. :lol:

Yep, even you could have thrown the ball that far! :p

Cabrini wasn't very big, and it's surrounded by really decent neighborhoods.

From '89 - '97 those were my stomping grounds.