Video Post your favorite Youtube channels.

Josh

Biff Clurton
Oct 9, 2006
East bumfuck.
Marklar
₥7,961
Seeing how I'm laid up from surgery for the next few weeks, I need shit to watch. Going through my list of favorite channels. Add yours below.

Astrobackyard
Canadian dude who is really good with taking astrophotographs and explaining the process

AT&T Tech Channel
Specifically their archives from back in the day are cool to see how technology has evolved since then.

Beyond the Press
Fins who have the Hydraulic Press Channel, but this one is random videos, often involving blowing shit up.

Bryan Vahey
Pro Red Alert 2 player. One of my favorite games.

Chase Carneson
South African who does music reaction videos, but really breaks them down as he is a musician and understands song structure.

Motorweek
I used to watch their TV show on PBS when I was a kid. They've been posting their retro shows recently.

Periodic Videos
English chemistry professor talking about well chemistry.

Photoinduction
Channel hasn't seen new videos in quite awhile, but they're fun to watch and rewatch. Dude is straight up nuts though.

Project Farm
Supposedly independent reviews and comparison tests of anything and everything. Usually tools, additives, shit like that.

Samcrac
A guy who buys smashed or otherwise messed up vehicles at auction, usually high end cars, and fixes them up.

sxsphil
Antique telephone equipment collector who explains all about their functions, how they work, how to repair, etc.

The 7th Rule
Former Star Trek Deep Space 9 actors started a podcast a few years ago, reviewing episodes from all Star Trek series. Love the incite. RIP Aron.

tkragon
Another pro Red Alert 2 player.

VasAviation
Air traffic control audiotapes and radar reconstructions, usually of airplane crashes and other mishaps.

yovo68
The infamous 11'8" can opener railroad bridge that trucks smash into on a regular basis. Bridge was modified a year ago, but trucks still hit it.

zoom3000
Another pro Red Alert 2 player.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
along those same lines though

This Old Tony - Machining

Essential Craftsman - Brilliant general contractor, housebuilder

Andrew Camarata - heavy machinery repair, built a literal castle in the catskills.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
My YouTube channel is my favorite but you probably won’t care about the content 😂

I also like Ben Brainard for comedy and just started watching Stained Glass DIY cause we are learning how to make stained glass after Christmas.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
My YouTube channel is my favorite but you probably won’t care about the content 😂

I also like Ben Brainard for comedy and just started watching Stained Glass DIY cause we are learning how to make stained glass after Christmas.
I do stained and fused glass. If you find the soldering and foiling part of stained glass tedious, try fused glass. Feel free to pick my brain - obviously tons of groups on FB and forums, etc. Aren't you close to Oregon? Portland - gotta go to the BUllseye Glass Factory and store there. O.M.G.:heart::egads::heart:

I do stained and fused glass. If you find the soldering and foiling part of stained glass tedious, try fused glass. Feel free to pick my brain - obviously tons of groups on FB and forums, etc. Aren't you close to Oregon? Portland - gotta go to the BUllseye Glass Factory and store there. O.M.G.:heart::egads::heart:
I’m in southern Utah but if you have any specific groups or forums I should join please send links! I’m doing it with my teen boys so starting out very simple. I don’t even know what fused glass is. I shall have to google it.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
The 8-Bit Guy
He posts videos about old computers and restores them to working condition. Fun to reminesce on old technology that I used or stuff that I didn't even know about.

LGR
Another retro computer enthusiast.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
"M539 Restorations," guy does really careful, thorough work on ~10-20 year old BMW's, it's properly paced, well edited, there's none of the YouTuber bullshit.

"Andrew Camarata," guy in NY who does snow plowing, property maintenance, moves sheds, pours cement... bodges his own equipment, built a pretty impressive castle out of shipping containers. Content is minimally edited, ZERO YouTuber BS. Really good background noise.

i live vicariously through both of them while I rot away in my cubicle

"M539 Restorations," guy does really careful, thorough work on ~10-20 year old BMW's, it's properly paced, well edited, there's none of the YouTuber bullshit.

"Andrew Camarata," guy in NY who does snow plowing, property maintenance, moves sheds, pours cement... bodges his own equipment, built a pretty impressive castle out of shipping containers. Content is minimally edited, ZERO YouTuber BS. Really good background noise.

i live vicariously through both of them while I rot away in my cubicle

The one where he shredded various lawnmowers with his bobcat mounted heavy brush cutter was a little clickbaity :p

• Gravy
Reactions: drukqs
I’m in southern Utah but if you have any specific groups or forums I should join please send links! I’m doing it with my teen boys so starting out very simple. I don’t even know what fused glass is. I shall have to google it.
Stained glass: you cut glass, smooth edges, wrap in copper foil and solder together.
Pros:<$100 will get you started with basic tools. Pretty. Cutting skills transfer to fused.
COns: Limited to flat, 2-D. And those darn lines.

Fused glass: you cut glass, smooth edges, melt together in a kiln.
Pros: Can make bowls, vases, 3-D and flat items. Can bake on food safe paints, even photos. Can make items from recycled glass - everyone wants at least one melted bottle spoonrest! TUrn an old tempered-glass shower door into a lovely bowl virtually for free - maybe $1 in electricity.
Cons: heat in summer(it's not killer, about like a stove running or less, sinse they are insulated ). Kiln - start at about $900 althought there are some small hobby ones that can do 5X7 items for about $350. You can get up to 19X9" kiln and still run off standard 120 wall current due to modern efficiencies.

Both hobbies are addicting. If you are going to a shop to take a class, ask about fused glass - it's hottest new thing in glass in forever. Barely existed as a hobby thing 15 years ago. Look at "FUsed Glass Fanatics" on FB

Stained glass: you cut glass, smooth edges, wrap in copper foil and solder together.
Pros:<$100 will get you started with basic tools. Pretty. Cutting skills transfer to fused.
COns: Limited to flat, 2-D. And those darn lines.

Fused glass: you cut glass, smooth edges, melt together in a kiln.
Pros: Can make bowls, vases, 3-D and flat items. Can bake on food safe paints, even photos. Can make items from recycled glass - everyone wants at least one melted bottle spoonrest! TUrn an old tempered-glass shower door into a lovely bowl virtually for free - maybe $1 in electricity.
Cons: heat in summer(it's not killer, about like a stove running or less, sinse they are insulated ). Kiln - start at about $900 althought there are some small hobby ones that can do 5X7 items for about $350. You can get up to 19X9" kiln and still run off standard 120 wall current due to modern efficiencies.

Both hobbies are addicting. If you are going to a shop to take a class, ask about fused glass - it's hottest new thing in glass in forever. Barely existed as a hobby thing 15 years ago. Look at "FUsed Glass Fanatics" on FB
We’re planning to do pottery next year a dare getting a wheel and kiln. I need a kiln for 7-800ish. Any suggestions on sites to look at? I realize we’ll be limited on size with that budget but it is what it is.