Post words you hate to see/hear

FlamingGlory said:
Those are loanwords that english gained after the Norman invasion. I meant phrases in proper french:
c'est la vie
a la carte
coup de grâce (I actually heard someone say it coup-dee-grace once)
faux (pronounced as fauks :tard:)

:p
I once got an email (Business related) discussing the resolution of a problem

This fellow put "...and Wah-Lah! We were able to start the application"

:lol:

FlamingGlory said:
wanna

touché

vis a vis (no one knows what it means, idiots)
fuck you touche is amazing

"dialogue" god I went to a conference and hear it 30 times. CONVERSATION, DISCUSSION, FUCKING DIVERSIFY THAT SHIT PLEASE
i am sure there are more. I'll think of them later.

I used to work with this dumb bitch who used to constantly say: "Well, my question is..."

Why not just ask?

Also, I hate it when people refer to their computer as their "machine." Same bitch used to CONSTANTLY say: "Check your machine... Her machine is not working... We are getting new machines for the group... Your machine is not in yet..."

Opps, this is Amy, I accidently logged into Shawn's desktop and forgot to log him out... : - )

Krazed said:
fuck you touche is amazing

"dialogue" god I went to a conference and hear it 30 times. CONVERSATION, DISCUSSION, FUCKING DIVERSIFY THAT SHIT PLEASE
i am sure there are more. I'll think of them later.
fuck you back motherfucker, touche means you give up. I punch people instead of saying touche.

Also, "just desserts"? WTF people it's "just deserts".

I hate people who say etc improperly. For example: I typically hear "I am a dumbass, idiot, moron, ~eck-set-er-a.

It's et cetera people, meaning "and others." learn what the hell you are saying before you try to say it. But of course this doesn't apply to anyone here because we don't talk...we type. But I bet some of you are reading it wrong in your heads. WELL READ IT RIGHT FROM NOW ON! :fly:

ERage said:
I hate people who say etc improperly. For example: I typically hear "I am a dumbass, idiot, moron, ~eck-set-er-a.

It's et cetera people, meaning "and others." learn what the hell you are saying before you try to say it. But of course this doesn't apply to anyone here because we don't talk...we type. But I bet some of you are reading it wrong in your heads. WELL READ IT RIGHT FROM NOW ON! :fly:
What about people who say "and etc." :mad:

and people who dont know the difference between "et al." and "etc"., not to mention people confusing "i.e." and "e.g.", it means "that is" and "for example" idiots :mad: