Tampa Post the first thing you ever bought from Amazon

facebook asks if you'd like to let them look at your contacts to find friends.

basically others have done that so facebook already knows Joe, Mike, and Sara are friend with [email protected] so whenever you sign up, facebook already know who's already associated with your email, or your phone#, or whatever else.

yeah, linkedin does that shit but without any of the algorithms involved so every meow and then I'm asked if I want to connect with some random person that I told a futon to on craigslist a dozen years ago

uh, you might?

do you realize how dangerous it would be if I could read or modify the cookies for your bank's website just by visiting my page? it would be trivial to run something in the background that grabbed your cookie and then used that to start another session
What bank is retarded enough to use cookies to store anything that can be used in any significant way?

but I just chose bank as the more extreme example. you'd have to assume that the bank's site is still open in another tab to grab it

I imagine plenty of other sites don't mind putting potentially useful information in a cookie on the assumption that no browser should allow a site to just read the whole directory

but I just chose bank as the more extreme example. you'd have to assume that the bank's site is still open in another tab to grab it

I imagine plenty of other sites don't mind putting potentially useful information in a cookie on the assumption that no browser should allow a site to just read the whole directory
Hardly anyone uses cookies anymore. Modern browser now have localstorage which can not be accessed from other domains. Most developers will encrypt anything they store in the localstorage that is sensitive.

this is all true. but the initial discussion was about cookies. I was explaining to duke why it would have been dangerous to allow websites to scour the cookie directory

Also, that account used to be your email login, but the password was forgotten one day when I think it was an emergency bulk order of toilet paper I wanted to order, so it was changed to my email from then on to handle said toilet paper issues & further orders.