Post song that mean something to you..

R

Restless

Having just listen to these lyrics i felt obliged to make a thread about it, I have just finished listening to "Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have" and am willing to believe that it the song to sum my life up.

Yeah very profound i know, it's just that , i have spent all my life wanting/lusting after something, and 90% of the time it's something (or someone :shifty:) i could never have/get.

I admit that normally this would be a time for slitting wrists and playing linkin park, but it different because i feel almost obliged to do something about it, stop dreaming and just go for what i feel i can get, not what i want and will never get.

Thanks for you time...

Cliffs:

1.) Was listening to NIN - Something i can never have
2.) feel it sums my life up
3.) Changing to only wish for what i can get
4.) ...
5.) Hope to profit

Content: What song have touched you in a postive/negative way? and How?

Always dream, but enjoy what you have.

edit: And if I had to pick a song, it would be Ben Folds Five: Song For The Dumped

Last edited:
Way too many.. I guess it kind of depends on how much "meaning" you'd specifically be looking for.. but it's just a thread, so it doesn't really matter :p I just recently found The Spill Canvas and I'm in love with him.. Almost every song hits deep, personally.. All Hail The Heartbreaker is a big one..

I also just found John Mayer - My Stupid Mouth today.. I wish I had these songs to fall into before I actually worked some of my stuff out.. But I may be back there someday, so I'll keep these in mind

I could probably list just short of a million, but I don't feel like going through everything right now

Niltrog said:
I also just found John Mayer - My Stupid Mouth today.. I wish I had these songs to fall into before I actually worked some of my stuff out.. But I may be back there someday, so I'll keep these in mind

John mayer is cool, Personal faves include, Why Georgia and Love song for no-one, the latter being a great song for when you lonely..:shifty:

Far too many for you guys to have the attn span to read a post about them all. A lot of my music has touched me personally, a lot of songs describe certain situations and things I've been through in my life, a lot of them are negative but I try not to connect the feelings with the song much when listening.

BigDov said:
I see your :shifty: and raise you a :shady:

If you can figure this one out, big marklar reward for you JJ. Seriously.

:heart:

But I thought you were a private pervert ;) I don't know. I'll have to listen to the song and get back to ya! :D

Restless said:
John mayer is cool, Personal faves include, Why Georgia and Love song for no-one, the latter being a great song for when you lonely..:shifty:
Hmm, I shall check those ones out. I may have listened to them already without realizing it though, but I'll listen to those on purpose. :cool:

JJ Lady said:
I :heart: John Mayer

I really :heart: Jack Johnson

i may have to check him out

Oh and i have BigDov's Song, yet to work out the significance..:shifty:

BigDov said:
I'd choose Interpol's Public Pervert, but I'm not saying why.
interpol :drool:

slow hands is good... evil is great..... listen to franz ferdinand if you dont already... they're awsome.

the faint are good too...

anyway the songs i really love because they mean stuff to me would be:

Blondie - Good Boys
September - La La La
Eminem - Stan
Offspring - Self Esteem
Basement Jaxx - Rendez-Vous
Garbage - Push it
PVD - For an Angel

All for different reasons, but I love them all :)