Possible apartments in Houston

And don't forget, any out of pocket expenses related to moving that you pay is tax deductible.

Does that include preparing the house for selling? My company already gave me a lump sum for moving expenses + movers and packers + realtor fees and application fees paid for. I won't be able to deduct much if any.

Does that include preparing the house for selling? My company already gave me a lump sum for moving expenses + movers and packers + realtor fees and application fees paid for. I won't be able to deduct much if any.

No. Typically, deductible moving expenses are just that, expenses directly related to a move. Airfare, moving company costs, the like, those are deductible.

Now, if for some reason your company (and I doubt it since their tax people are usually on this) 'doesnt' report the moving reimbursement, then you 'might' be able to slide the costs of the move in. But that's risky and tax fraudish and I never recommended it :D

After staying for training in Raleigh, I can't wait to get to Houston. Fuck this place. Although today's chuckle is brought to you by migrant Mexican workers attempting to clear out leaves from fall trees. They obviously have no idea what they are doing :lol: