Portfolios

L

Lynnakitty

My school is a porfolio learning school.
What does that mean, you ask?
I will tell you, I say.
It means we create a portfolio for our experience at the college, collecting projects, assignments, tests, etc. into a portfolio to present to workers once we graduate from the college. Apparently employers LOVE it, but whatever.
Since I'm in IT I have to do an e-portfolio. It's the lamest thing ever. It's a webpage dedicated to me. I put all my info on there, like resume, diploma's, qualifications, letters of recommendation (anyone want to write one of those for me -wink wink- ?), skills, goals, about me, etc.
I'm having a rough time sorting through all the information and figuring out how to set up the webpage in a neat simple fashion. I only have a week and a half to finish it, and I'm not near done.
Has anyone else made any kind of portfolio or have any experience with porfolios? What kind of stuff did you put in it? Was it an online portfolio? Or a folder with everything in it?
Hep pls ?
I'm stressed :eek:

they only give you a week and half to make something like that that looks decent?

:eek:

I could write you a letter of reccomendation, but coming from a dum drunken guy that can barely get his pants on the right way around and get to work on time, it would probably count against you more than anything else....

BigDov said:
Man, that really sounds like a lame way to do it, but whatever.

Have you searched for examples that you might be able to get some ideas from??
I agree. It's supposed to make it accessable to anyone. So you can carry it around on a disk instead of an actual porfolio. I think it's ridiculous. And we're not allowed to and write the code (html) we have to use dreamweaver, which for most people means they only can work on it DURING class. Which he takes up teaching us how to use dreamweaver. I don't like the teacher... he's ADHD and he's annoying.

Kabn said:
they only give you a week and half to make something like that that looks decent?

:eek:
He said he's given us 8 weeks to do it. But he told us we had to have the portfolio done by the time we left the school. last Friday he said "Oh yea, your e-portfolio's are due in 2 weeks."

I was not an amused pussy.

kikbot said:
I can't even work on my own page so I'm not going to be able to help that way. I will try to find you some examples you can copy though.

Edit: What I've found so far ...

http://www.sfrisch.com/

http://www.kernelthread.com/
That's actually really good, thanks.
He didn't give us any information to work off of, just a huge list of what he wants on the site in a very broad sense.

Drool-Boy said:
I could write you a letter of reccomendation, but coming from a dum drunken guy that can barely get his pants on the right way around and get to work on time, it would probably count against you more than anything else....
:lol: I'm getting desperate. The people I asked for one from haven't finished it yet, and I dont want to rush them.

Lynnakitty said:
I agree. It's supposed to make it accessable to anyone. So you can carry it around on a disk instead of an actual porfolio. I think it's ridiculous. And we're not allowed to and write the code (html) we have to use dreamweaver, which for most people means they only can work on it DURING class. Which he takes up teaching us how to use dreamweaver. I don't like the teacher... he's ADHD and he's annoying.

Ugh. Either work on it in class or front the $400+ for dreamweaver. Your teacher is a complete fucking idiot. :tard:

Lynnakitty said:
I was not an amused pussy.

I'm trying to NOT think unclean thoughts

BigDov said:
Ugh. Either work on it in class or front the $400+ for dreamweaver. Your teacher is a complete fucking idiot. :tard:
I agree...
I have already.. purchase dreamweaver.. from.. Mexico.. *cough*

I have a cracked copy of Dreamweaver if you want it.

BigDov said:

Hmmm, a portfolio to me means things you have done, which you know of yourself better then anyone. Pictures of things you've made, drawings, paintings...stuff like that.

I'm not much help am I :(

Just throw everything together on a crappy, ugly web page and say you're rebelling against conformity. Unless everyone has an ugly page...then you're screwed. :p