Portable Media Players

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
Seriously..
I've been looking at portable media players for a few days now and my mind is about ready to tell me where to stick it..

I want a media player that can do quite a few things.. I want to be able to watch shows/movies in widescreen, listen to music, large storage, surf the net, connect and share data with PC's on my home network, touchscreen, bluetooth, being able to run MS Office apps would be a huge bonus..

Do any of you techno geeks here know of a god-like prodigy device that will satisfy my every need?

Seriously..
I've been looking at portable media players for a few days now and my mind is about ready to tell me where to stick it..

I want a media player that can do quite a few things.. I want to be able to watch shows/movies in widescreen, listen to music, large storage, surf the net, connect and share data with PC's on my home network, touchscreen, bluetooth, being able to run MS Office apps would be a huge bonus..

Do any of you techno geeks here know of a god-like prodigy device that will satisfy my every need?

iPhone or iTouch? Palm Centro (or anything from the Palm series really).

You can look at a MID or UMPC if you don't need that small a form factor.

iPhone or iTouch? Palm Centro (or anything from the Palm series really).

You can look at a MID or UMPC if you don't need that small a form factor.

I wont buy an Apple product. And the Centro is a phone which I don't need.

The MID look promising though.

Holy Moly the last one was expensive! I really like the MID. The Everun Note is a little too big.

I have been looking at two myself. The Cowan S9, and the Archos 5. Anyone know anything good or bad about them?

Holy Moly the last one was expensive! I really like the MID. The Everun Note is a little too big.

I have been looking at two myself. The Cowan S9, and the Archos 5. Anyone know anything good or bad about them?

The Archos everything is an extra. You can't play movies without buying the plugin. You can't surf without buying the plugin. You can't read Office docs without buying a plugin.

I haven't heard of the Cowan.

That Everun isn't much larger than the Archos.

And that OQO is cheap compared to last year's price starting at $2000

The upcoming SmartQ 5 MID might be an option, too, if the Archos form factor is ok with you.

Also check out the Viliv S5.

The Aigo MID might be good, too. Full keyboard and touchscreen and has drivers to install full XP

The Archos everything is an extra. You can't play movies without buying the plugin. You can't surf without buying the plugin. You can't read Office docs without buying a plugin.

I haven't heard of the Cowan.

That Everun isn't much larger than the Archos.

Plugins you say? :barf:

I only really like the Archos because it came with 250gb's of internal memory..

The Cowan S9 looks really nice though.

Cowon_S9_MP3_Player.jpg

The problem is that the Cowan doesn't have wifi.. And 16gb isn't that much..

Plugins you say? :barf:

I only really like the Archos because it came with 250gb's of internal memory..

The Cowan S9 looks really nice though.

Cowon_S9_MP3_Player.jpg

The problem is that the Cowan doesn't have wifi.. And 16gb isn't that much..

So get the Everun and shoehorn in the 500gb SATA 7200rpm drive from Seagate and put in a 3G card for connectivity everywhere. Has a SD slot for more space and a miniUSB plug to make it act like a removable drive when hooked pu to a host.

What about a Samsung P3?

Why do you need wifi? You can't surf on a Cowon or some of those other ones.