Halp Portable encryption software

truecrypt for everything but like waw I don't use usb drives for important stuff. or much of anything; I try to use dropbox for all my data moving needs and it's been pretty successful so far since even without interwebs I usually still have my phone

the only exception is when I use my phone's sd card to hold a large chunk of something, I haven't looked into encrypting that

While Dropbox seems very cool. I am not about to leave private financial information on the internet. I don't care if it is encrypted or not.

It is encrypted, but they are required to decrypt it for government types. Stick with truecrypt, then you can literally plead the 5th amendment if they ask you to turn over the password.

I don't care whether or not, you or anybody else find them interesting. I have already gotten cereberally challenged once and lost my old USB stick. The`only good thing I can say about that, is at least the drive wasn't formatted for FAT32.

FWIW, you can stick your encrypted file in Dropbox. That way, you're still encrypted, but have it in multiple places as well...

and no one is going to crack your encrypted file

the government isn't going to waste time on it and no one who dislikes you has the resources to break it because they don't work for the government

the key to truecrypt and pleading the fifth is to say you had no knowledge of a truecrypt volume if they find one.

if you say you have encrypted data, they can force the password out of you or send you to prison for interfering with an investigation. so deny the entire thing...