Ontopic Pop culture questions on the SATs

Should there be pop culture questions on the SATs

• Yes having a wide area of knowledge should be required

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • This isn't Jeopardy. I don't think kids should be tested about who bagged Snooki.

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Doesn't bother me since the young generation is jacked

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm don't even know what the SATs are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sad thing is i think a whole lot less people should even go to college.

I've read somethings that agree with that thought. They should go to voctech / trade schools instead so they learn an employable skill and not just earn a debt.

I work at an art college and see kids graduate 40K+ in debt with degrees in painting or sculpting that work as waiters between art shows.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the idea but if it were to happen then limit it to support roles, warehousing, cooks, etc. basically a lot of the low end jobs that are being contracted out

you don't want someone in combat arms that doesn't want to be there

How about limit it to certain convictions as an alternative to jail.

Why should I be forced to do something I don't want to do?

Hell. Fuck. No.

I'm not talking about putting them on the front lines. Make everyone do 2 years after highschool. It's worked well in Europe, Israel, china, Russia, etc. Wouldn't it had been nice if after highschool the military made juli's son into a man rather than him just chillin with you? Change the military training to include finical management classes. People then would enter college around 20 or 21 years old.

We could use the extra work force for country wide infrastructure improvements and it would take the burden off the penal system.

Last edited:
Most countries that have the 1 or 2 year mandatory service don't put the ones in that class in combat unless needed. Most spend the time training doing guard duty and other bs busy work type stuff.

Most countries that have the 1 or 2 year mandatory service don't put the ones in that class in combat unless needed. Most spend the time training doing guard duty and other bs busy work type stuff.

That was my understanding of it too. It would also ensure some basic survival skills are taught to everyone.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about putting them on the front lines. Make everyone do 2 years after highschool. It's worked well in Europe, Israel, china, Russia, etc. Wouldn't it had been nice if after highschool the military made juli's son into a man rather than him just chillin with you? Change the military training to include finical management classes. People then would enter college around 20 or 21 years old.

We could use the extra work force for country wide infrastructure improvements and it would take the burden off the penal system.

In most of Europe it's been random selection. Not mandatory for all. Either way, I don't agree with it. Forcing someone to do something they don't want to do when they have done nothing wrong goes against my very core beliefs.