Pics Poost ye dagz.

Did he roll in the deer?

Chewie used to do that (roll around on gross decomposing things and also fresh poop), and she passed the habit on to the other dogs.
Probably not, as he didn't smell like death. He had ran off out of sight, but came back to a recall, just with a deer head.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Oh I didn't read it that way, and seems I was wrong.
I'm glad he's ok.
hug GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
i can only speak to humans... i expect it has the same pathology in dags, but im not certain.
I'd always heard that it just sticks around forever flaring up every now and then in humans, even with treatment. But that seems wrong after a little google.

Lyme was not understood well for a very long time. Theres a lotta old info out there, but past 10 years we understand it a lot better.

Source: Ive got tons of family that lives within a short number of miles from Lyme, CT. Also have had it at least twice myself, caught quickly both times.

Lyme was not understood well for a very long time. Theres a lotta old info out there, but past 10 years we understand it a lot better.

Source: Ive got tons of family that lives within a short number of miles from Lyme, CT. Also have had it at least twice myself, caught quickly both times.
Ticks are a lot less scary now, thanks. Used to rank them up there with mountain lions.

He tested positive for anaplasma though so they need $50 to steal more of his blood for further tests.

Unrelatedly, I think they think I'm dumb lol. Which I am but not like they think.
Some things they try to guilt you into, like a grooming contract with their people or extensive dental check ups but I always wanted to be sure my dog was clean, healthy and pain-free.

Ticks are a lot less scary now, thanks. Used to rank them up there with mountain lions.
oh, you should still be worried about them for many other reason other that lyme. Rocky mountain spotted fever, whatever fucked up thing they carry that makes you allergic to red meat, etc.

But if you get em off in the first 24 hours, disease transmission is pretty low. I'm lucky in that i get a pretty strong reaction to getting bit, so I itch like fuck within 5-8 hours of being bit and can get the tick off.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
Some things they try to guilt you into, like a grooming contract with their people or extensive dental check ups but I always wanted to be sure my dog was clean, healthy and pain-free.
Not like they're taking advantage of me, but like they seem like they're interacting with me as though I'm slow. Took an excruciatingly long time for them to spell out "anaplasma" over the phone, which I didn't ask for but sure.

I can actually understand why they may think that, mostly just funny.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
oh, you should still be worried about them for many other reason other that lyme. Rocky mountain spotted fever, whatever fucked up thing they carry that makes you allergic to red meat, etc.

But if you get em off in the first 24 hours, disease transmission is pretty low. I'm lucky in that i get a pretty strong reaction to getting bit, so I itch like fuck within 5-8 hours of being bit and can get the tick off.
I always use repellent when hiking and do a tick check most days as I'm often in areas they could be (which realistically is everywhere) even when not hiking.

no, its a bacterial infection. It can be treated and eradicated with antibiotics. Even if its become systemic (resides in the heart and the nerves), it still can be beat with IV antibiotics.
There are some fringe theories that sometimes it can be for life. We have a friend who occasionally has flare-ups which usually result in a migraine for 2-3 weeks straight. There's not a lot of data to support this idea, but she used to have migraines 9+ months out of the year and once a doc identified it as Lyme, she very rarely has them.